Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch dumping of text from Comments field in Metadata

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Batch dumping of text from Comments field in Metadata Reply with quote

Surely someone has come across this problem before?

I need to clear unwanted meaningless text from the Comments and other fields of Metadata of several hundred sound files. How can I instruct the Batch facility to delete whatever may be in those fields?

Cheers, Dave.
DaveF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see plenty of people reading my post, but nobody has anything to say on the subject.

Surely someone at some time has tried to change the Comments field in the Metadata of a bunch of sound files, using the Batch facility? Has no-one ever wanted to do this?

Deleting, or changing, the text in the Comments field just doesn't work in Batch mode. There must be some way to do it, or what's the point of having a Batch facility in the first place?!

Dave.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Batch dumping of text from Comments field in Metadata Reply with quote

Dear Dave, I've just investigated this issue and it indeed appears to be a bug. The version at

http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip

fixes it. Note also that setting any field to "%nil" deletes it altogether. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
DaveF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks a lot Martin, that certainly fixes the Comments field which was my big concern.

The %nil doesn't work in the Artist and Track fields but that's okay as I can replace the text in those with a space character.

Cheers, Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: