Mac App Store -> Website

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

Since some (minor) functionality of the Mac App Store version of Amadeus Lite / Pro is crippled due to Apple's insistence on enforcing sandboxing, some users might want to switch to the version available on this website. (The best of course is to directly purchase it from me, rather than from Apple...)

If you are in this situation, please follow these steps if your are using Amadeus Pro:

1. Rename "Amadeus Pro" to "Amadeus Pro (MAS)".
2. Download the version of Amadeus Pro available on this website. The direct link is
http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusPro2/AmadeusPro.dmg
3. Move the application you just downloaded into your Applications folder
4. Launch Amadeus Pro and, when asked for a license, click on "Register Later".
5. Go to the "License Manager" in the "Amadeus Pro" menu.
6. Click on "Import App Store License" and select the old version "Amadeus Pro (MAS)" when prompted to do so.

If you are using Amadeus Lite, please follow instead these steps:

1. Rename "Amadeus Lite" to "Amadeus Lite (MAS)".
2. Download the version of Amadeus Lite available on this website. The direct link is
http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusLite/AmadeusLite.dmg
3. Move the application you just downloaded into your Applications folder
4. Launch Amadeus Lite and, when asked for a license, click on "Purchase Now".
5. Click on "Cancel Order" and then click on "Import" next to "Import App Store License".
6. Select the old version "Amadeus Lite (MAS)" when prompted to do so.

Et voilà, it should now be registered! Best,

Martin

dmc

Re: Mac App Store -> Website

Post by dmc »

As of August 3, 2021, downloading the App Store version of Amadeus Pro gives:
“Amadeus Pro.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “Amadeus Pro.app” and download it again from the App Store.
(I only downloaded because an update was advertised.) Carrying out the download again suggestion does not change anything.
I am running macOS Big Sur 11.4 on an iMac Retina 5K 2017.

The suggestion here of using direct download works fine - and that version runs, but it doesn't appear possible to recover the App Store license.

So I'm currently dead in the water.

Please help,
Thank you,
Don Craig

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

This seems to occasionally happen with the App Store. Moving all copies of Amadeus to the trash bin and then reinstalling it from the App Store should work. If not, send me an email with a proof of purchase of the App Store version (copy of receipt or screenshot of the App Store showing Amadeus as being purchased for example) and I'll send you a license for the website version.

dmc

Post by dmc »

Thanks for the response. I cleaned up all app copies of Amadeus, put them in the trash, emptied the trash, and downloaded a new copy from the App Store. MacOS continued to insist it was damaged. I deleted the new copy, then rebooted the Mac. I then downloaded afresh from the App Store, and this time Amadeus Pro ran fine. And at this point I was also able to obtain a license from the App Store copy for a directly downloaded version using your instructions. That hadn't worked before. So rebooting was the key.

Thanks again,
Don Craig

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

The time-honored solution to most computer software and hardware problems :D

dmc

Post by dmc »

And sadly, until it's not. Between the last time I used Amadeus Pro and now, several MacOS "upgrades" have passed. Now when I launch the downloaded version, it complains about being unregistered. Trying to recover the password from the App Store version no longer works for some reason, and the App Store version doesn't run. Deleting and rebooting and deleting and rebooting has so far not helped. I am emailing you my Apple Store receipt in hopes of a real license.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 64GB, 4.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1

Thank you,
Don Craig