latest Amadeus Pro crashes on pressing CMD+W or close comman

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Raymond Foret Jr

Post by Raymond Foret Jr »

Say, Anybody else here have the latest Amadeus Pro and find that when you try to close a file or other window using CMD+W it crashes on you? Happens to me all the time with the latest version and I’m running ElCapitan which is the latest Mac OS this Mac will support.

IF this is happening to you and you’ve resolved it, how?

Thanks.

Sent from the only computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:

Sincerely,

The constantly barefooted Ray

jpgunn

Post by jpgunn »

Hello Ray,

Just a quick background I also use VoiceOver. When issuing the command plus w I hear the program saying no windows.

A major difference is, running High Sierra on a rotational drive with 16GB of ram.

Not what you wanted to hear smile.

John

On May 28, 2018, at 8:27 PM, Raymond Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

Say, Anybody else here have the latest Amadeus Pro and find that when you try to close a file or other window using CMD+W it crashes on you? Happens to me all the time with the latest version and I’m running ElCapitan which is the latest Mac OS this Mac will support.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Raymond Foret Jr

No John, not what I wanted to hear. Last night, I sent Martin a the report that is generated when the shut down happens. I just pressed VO+space on the details button, selected all the text in it and sent it off to Martin. I’m using ElCapitain on a mid 2009 Mac book pro. I can’t afford a newer machine or I’d get one. I also noticed that every time I fiddle with something in the audio rack and preview it, when I come out of preview by pressing the stop button and then make an adjustment, and try to press Command+W to get out back to the primary edit window, I get an exception dialog which says “having trouble interacting with this audio unit, it may be corrupted. I’m using Acon Digital for much of what I do and so far, it has never given me any trouble. Frankly, this feels like a major step backward and talk about disrupting work flow.

Sincerely,

On May 28, 2018, at 10:38 PM, John Gunn <gunn@tznet.com> wrote:

Hello Ray,

Just a quick background I also use VoiceOver. When issuing the command plus w I hear the program saying no windows.

A major difference is, running High Sierra on a rotational drive with 16GB of ram.

John

Thanks.

Sincerely,

jpgunn

Post by jpgunn »

Have you used onyX to clean up temp files etc?

It does much more than that however if you have ran it, not sure what else you can do.

On May 29, 2018, at 5:12 AM, Raymond Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

No John, not what I wanted to hear. Last night, I sent Martin a the report that is generated when the shut down happens. I just pressed VO+space on the details button, selected all the text in it and sent it off to Martin. I’m using ElCapitain on a mid 2009 Mac book pro. I can’t afford a newer machine or I’d get one. I also noticed that every time I fiddle with something in the audio rack and preview it, when I come out of preview by pressing the stop button and then make an adjustment, and try to press Command+W to get out back to the primary edit window, I get an exception dialog which says “having trouble interacting with this audio unit, it may be corrupted. I’m using Acon Digital for much of what I do and so far, it has never given me any trouble. Frankly, this feels like a major step backward and talk about disrupting work flow.

Sincerely,

Hello Ray,

John

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Raymond Foret Jr

I don’t have Onix at all. Martin seems to have been able to reproduce the problem and informs me that it is unique to my operating system and not to the one before or after it. He’s working on a fix now. Meantime, I’ve gone way back to version 2.3 which is the one I had sitting in my hard drive.

Sincerely,

On May 29, 2018, at 12:46 PM, John Gunn <gunn@tznet.com> wrote:

Have you used onyX to clean up temp files etc?

It does much more than that however if you have ran it, not sure what else you can do.

On May 29, 2018, at 5:12 AM, Raymond Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

Sincerely,

Hello Ray,

John

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Just a quick heads-up to confirm that this is fixed in version 2.4.7. Best,

Martin