Saving to network Volume?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

While trying to save files in “Amadeus Pro (v.2.4.5)” format to our Windows 2008 R2 Server (the computer we’re running Amadeus on is a MacBook Pro 13 running OS X10.11.6), we’re receiving an error message stating the we do not have access to the folder; the same folder we have mounted on the desktop, and which we have confirmed we can manually move/copy files to and from. Do you have any recommendations how to resolve this issue.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Anthony, I am aware that this is a problem with some Samba mounts. Unfortunately, I have never been able to reproduce it myself and I suspect that newer versions of Windows don't cause this as I haven't hard any report about this for several years now. (Samba mounts created by OS X always worked fine.) The only workaround at the moment is to save the file locally and to then copy it to the Samba mount in the Finder. Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

jpgunn

Post by jpgunn »

Hello,

Instead of using SMB can you change to AFP?

I also use SMB and save to my NAS but if unzipping with iMac 2011 connected and on the actual netwwork I receive the error you described.

On Feb 27, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Anthony <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

While trying to save files in “Amadeus Pro (v.2.4.5)” format to our Windows 2008 R2 Server (the computer we’re running Amadeus on is a MacBook Pro 13 running OS X10.11.6), we’re receiving an error message stating the we do not have access to the folder; the same folder we have mounted on the desktop, and which we have confirmed we can manually move/copy files to and from. Do you have any recommendations how to resolve this issue.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Instead of using SMB can you change to AFP?
I have no Windows experience at all, but it would surprise me if
Windows 2008 Server allowed you to create AFP shares, or does it?
Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/