Bugs (AmP2.45, HighSierra)

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

Since upgrading to High Sierra the following happens:

1) merging a track with either previous or next merges the sound correctly, but in the window only the wave content(s) of the selected main track is shown. The final product is not visible as a normal-complete wave-form...

2) when a crash happens, looking into the "Trash", the open file(s) at the moment of crashing are saved multiple times (and I mean a lot of raw files!)

3) after saving a merged file (Save a Copy as...), when I open it by a right-click in the Finder, another instance of AmadeusPro opens, which I cannot access. The normal instance is still functioning as expected though. When opening the file by dragging-dropping to AP all is OK.

4) going back after merging(+saving), by com-Z undoing, the Edit-menu reads "Redo Change Tracks" instead of the exact menu-command I gave (e.g. "Merge With Next Track" etc). It's a bit confusing...

Thanks

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Ioannis,
1) merging a track with either previous or next merges the sound correctly, but in the window only the wave content(s) of the selected main track is shown. The final product is not visible as a wave-form...
When you type '0' on the keyboard with Amadeus Pro open, does it display "Cocoa" or "Metal"? Also, does this problem always happen or is there something specific you need to do to trigger it? (I haven't been able to reproduce it myself on either my MacBook Pro or my iMac running High Sierra.)
2) when a crash happens, looking into the "Trash", the open file(s) at the moment of crashing are saved multiple times (and I mean a lot of raw files!)
The temporary files are broken into chunks that are 150MB in size. Maybe this is what you're seeing?
3) after saving a merged file (Save a Copy as...), when I right-click at it in the Finder, another instance of AmadeusPro opens, which I cannot access. The normal one is still functioning as expected though.
There seems to be something really wrong going on here... Maybe the best is to trash all copies of Amadeus from your
drive (make sure that you cannot open it anymore by double-clicking on a file created with it so there's no second copy
lying around) and to reinstall it. For good measure, you can also check the "factory reset" checkbox at the bottom of the
advanced preferences, which will reset everything to default values. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

1) when typing 0 it shows "Cocoa"
Merging more tracks is still problematic. If there are gaps between clips they remain in the merged track and I can still hear the sound. BUT, after saving the file and reopening gaps remain silent.

2) OK, the raw files are around 150MB indeed

3) Today the issue is gone... Opening seems to function as expected whatever way.

Thanks for your response :-)