Design a new workflow

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

pgt7

Design a new workflow

Post by pgt7 »

I hope someone can help.

I'd really like to create a workflow to do the following:

1: take-in a number of .mp3 audio files from lectures of various lengths and combine into one.

2: then break them into 3 or 4 minute sections, preferably in "white space" normal breaks

3: number files sequentially for ease of use for users to managing them ... maybe even adding info about them into the Metadata

I look forward to hearing from some very clever media manipulators ;~}}

Cheers Peter

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

Hmm,

under menu "Sounds" there's an item called "Join Files..."
This adds the files in one new track, adding markers with their file names, where each one begins.
Just take care to already collect them in the sequence you wish, since you can choose many at once.

Once in the waveform, it will speed your process up if at the very first marker (of every file-title you've included) you add number "1". Any new markers you add, (for cutting this recording at ±4min as you say) will bear the same original name with a step-wise incremented number.
Of course, if the imported/joined files are e.g. of the same lecture, you can just delete the markers of the files other than the 1st, letting thus the numbering continue through from the first file etc according to your needs.

Once you've marked your ±4min regions (and added any info as marker text), you create separate files off the marked regions at:
menu "Sound" → "Split According to Markers..."

After all markers are set, you can export them (via "Export Markers..." under the "File" menu) and manipulate the info with a text editor. I don't know of a way to collectively influence the metadata...

Hope this helps.