efficient workflow for getting albums into iTunes?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

eshall

efficient workflow for getting albums into iTunes?

Post by eshall »

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can share with me an efficient procedure for getting recorded albums into iTunes as albums, rather than individual tracks. I am digitizing my vinyl collection and the only way I know how to do it is to edit the metadata for each song once its imported into iTunes, and then it will group the songs into albums, but is there a way to do this upfront once before the import? like when you rip and add a CD to iTunes, its in the original format with track names, etc. any tips appreciated.

thanks,

Eric

markw

Re: efficient workflow for getting albums into iTunes?

Post by markw »

Hello eshall and welcome to the forums :D
Albums have always imported into iTunes whole for me, with all tracks named and in place after editing with Amadeus Pro.
How are you preparing your albums in AP before adding to iTunes?

In brief my workflow typically would be as follows;
After having done all edits, added track markers & named them, etc… in AP.
You should now have one file containing the whole album ready for exporting.
Via the ‘Info’ button in the Toolbar, you can add metadata to the album like the album’s title, cover art, etc…
Then under ‘Sound’ in the Menubar use; ‘Split According To Markers’ to export the finished album.
In the window that opens make your choices for the export. Then hit the button, bottom right corner marked 'Split'.
This will make a folder at the chosen export location (usually the Desktop for me) containing all the album tracks.
Drag the folder containing the album tracks onto the iTunes Dock icon.
iTunes will then import all the contents of the folder as one album with named tracks.
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M

eshall

Re: efficient workflow for getting albums into iTunes?

Post by eshall »

thanks Mark, I will give that a try. I think I was doing things out of order and creating extra work for myself.

best regards,

Eric