Amadeus Pro and Video

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

midiw

Amadeus Pro and Video

Post by midiw »

I have the most current version of Amadeus Pro and have been wishing and wanting the application to be able not only to import/play audio but also Video .

Although Amadeus Pro is a great application it would be a huge improvement and value in my tool box of audio/video applications .

Does any one else here ( especially Martin Hairer ) think along the same lines .

I'm sure the gurus at this forum will have some better ideas or even help me understand why it is not such a great idea .

Perhaps my question could be " polled " but will leave that until i get some responses from this post and the gurus of this forum .

some examples of my audio productions at Sound Cloud created with various audio/DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Raymond Foret Jr

Amadeus Pro and Video

Post by Raymond Foret Jr »

Some have advised that Quick Time can be used to edit video. I disagree. It’s a very cumbersome process that does not lend itself much to accessibility. Screen Flow can do this but it’s slow and very clunky. A video version of Amadeus Pro would be very nice especially if there were two cursors much like in Amadeus Pro: (one playback and the other for insertion. One could rout the insertion cursor quickly to any spot on the video timeline and cut and paste and quick delete thus closing the gap between cut passages or normal delete which would lave an open space. It should go without saying that as one moves the playback head across the time line, one should be able to smoothly hear the content over which one is passing. I myself would be willing to pay for such an ap were it made available.
Sent from the first computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:Sincerely,The constantly barefooted Ray
On May 7, 2020, at 12:22 PM, midiw <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I have the most current version of Amadeus Pro and have been wishing and wanting the application to be able not only to import/play audio but also Video .Although Amadeus Pro is a great application it would be a huge improvement and value in my tool box of audio/video applications .Does any one else here ( especially Martin Hairer ) think along the same lines .I'm sure the gurus at this forum will have some better ideas or even help me understand why it is not such a great idea .Perhaps my question could be " polled " but will leave that until i get some responses from this post and the gurus of this forum .

dinojrx

Amadeus Pro and Video

Post by dinojrx »

Do I understand right? You want to edit the audio of a video? Just load a video in AP and do what you want. Import was working for years and since a some time AP can edit audio of a video and safe it all together.

Raymond Foret Jr

Amadeus Pro and Video

Post by Raymond Foret Jr »

I’m afraid you misunderstand the problem here. IF you edit just the audio of a video file then save it, you wind up with gaps in the audio because the video does not get edited. What we want is to be able to edit both audio and video. Amadeus Pro cannot natively do this. To the best of my knowledge, none of the actual video editing packages currently available are sufficiently accessible.
Sent from the first computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:Sincerely,The constantly barefooted Ray
On May 8, 2020, at 4:45 AM, Jan Raehm <dino.jr@radiofuzzie.com (dino.jr@radiofuzzie.com)> wrote:
Do I understand right? You want to edit the audio of a video? Just load a video in AP and do what you want. Import was working for years and since a some time AP can edit audio of a video and safe it all together.