Envelope gain?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

GregDunn

Envelope gain?

Post by GregDunn »

I have a show I taped where the level was far too low in the first minute. I corrected levels on the recorder as quickly as I could, but I now have a section which needs gain applied in a non-smooth manner over a period of ~40 seconds.

It looks like the envelope function can only reduce gain. True? Is there a trick to make it increase gain over this section of the track? I can of course select the individual sections and correct the gain piecewise, but an envelope would allow me to preview the entire section and tweak the areas where gain changed rather than trying to work on them one at a time.

Gerard Bik

Envelope gain?

Post by Gerard Bik »

I have a show I taped where the level was far too low in the first minute. I corrected levels on the recorder as quickly as I could, but I now have a section which needs gain applied in a non-smooth manner over a period of ~40 seconds.

It looks like the envelope function can only reduce gain. True? Is there a trick to make it increase gain over this section of the track? I can of course select the individual sections and correct the gain piecewise, but an envelope would allow me to preview the entire section and tweak the areas where gain changed rather than trying to work on them one at a time.
The envelope is meant for reducing sound only. You can Normalize the low part to 100 % sample value first and then apply the envelope for fine tuning
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

Sonic Purity

Re: Envelope gain?

Post by Sonic Purity »

GerardBik wrote:

The envelope is meant for reducing sound only. You can Normalize the low part to 100 % sample value first and then apply the envelope for fine tuning
I’d try a variant:

1) Use the envelope to reduce the amplitude of the changing part down to the low level of (i assume) the beginning of the recording. Then you should have the first part at a consistent low level, then a sudden jump to the correct level for the rest of the program.

2) Amplify the first part, the low level part, which is now at a consistent level, up to a level which matches the rest of the program.
))Sonic((