m4a actual bitrate setting reverts to default upon file save

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

2stepbay

Post by 2stepbay »

I posted this back in December but now better understand the cause of the problem.

If I save an m4a file, whose bit rate is 320kbps, Amadeus Pro automatically saves the file at 288 rather than the original bit rate size. My workaround is to save as a new file and change the rate back to 320.

I'm using OS X Mojave latest version. Also using Default Folder V, which further customizes the open/save function of Mojave. Default Folder V is the reason Amadeus defaults to 288. If I disable Default Folder V, then file save copies the file at its original bit rate. Not sure if this software bug is best resolved on Amadeus end or Default Folder's.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Dan Eickmeier via foru...

Post by Dan Eickmeier via foru... »

I don’t use or have Default folder here, but if you disabled it, and the file saved ok, at the bitrate you wanted, then I’d say it’s something to do with Default folder, rather than AP. 280KBPS, that’s an odd bitrate too.
On Jan 23, 2019, at 1:11 AM, 2stepbay <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

I posted this back in December but now better understand the cause of the problem.

If I save an m4a file, whose bit rate is 320kbps, Amadeus Pro automatically saves the file at 288 rather than the original bit rate size. My workaround is to save as a new file and change the rate back to 320.

I'm using OS X Mojave latest version. Also using Default Folder V, which further customizes the open/save function of Mojave. Default Folder V is the reason Amadeus defaults to 288. If I disable Default Folder V, then file save copies the file at its original bit rate. Not sure if this software bug is best resolved on Amadeus end or Default Folder's.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

2stepbay

Post by 2stepbay »

Bit rate mentioned was 288, not 280.

I realize Default Folder is triggering the oddity. However, as I posted, not sure where the fix needs to occur (Amadeus or Default Folder). Waiting for Martin to weigh-in.