video questions relating to Amadeus Pro

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ray Foret Jr

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

Normally, I would not even think of posting a question like this here: but, I kno longer know where else to turn.
Okay Marvin. Here's the issue. I've got two .mov video files shot with my iPhone. I need to join them together to make a single .mov file and preserve the video. Now, I've already tried Quick Time pro and My poor Mid 2009 Mac book pro sstruggled with this task for over 14 ours. That's way too long and the job never completed. So, here's what I really need to know.

1. IF I open both files in to Amadeus Pro, select the second file and copy it to the clip board then go back to the first video file then move to the end and paste, does the video get preserved over the pasted on file if I save the final product as a .mov file?

Also, if not, do you plan to come out with a video editor which a blind person can actually use successfully and which would work as well as Amadeus Pro? I would be willing to pay for such an editor if you came out with one.

Sure, there's iMovie but I can't figure it out to save my life, and Quick Time pro sure doesn't do anything to solve the problem.

Thanks.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Ray,
1. IF I open both files in to Amadeus Pro, select the second file and copy it to the clip board then go back to the first video file then move to the end and paste, does the video get preserved over the pasted on file if I save the final product as a .mov file?
The video of the second file will be lost if you do this.

It seems to me that what you want to achieve is straightforward in QT Player: just open the first file, choose "Add Clip to End" in the "Edit" menu, select the second file, and that's it. I've just tried this with two short clips and it was instantaneous... Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Ray Foret Jr

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

Thanks, but, can't do it with QT. Got the files joined but cannot export in to a single video file. QT pro 7 won't do it either.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!

On Feb 21, 2016, at 12:08 PM, Martin Hairer <martin@hairersoft.com (martin@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Dear Ray,
The video of the second file will be lost if you do this. It seems to me that what you want to achieve is straightforward in QT Player: just open the first file, choose "Add Clip to End" in the "Edit" menu, select the second file, and that's it. I've just tried this with two short clips and it was instantaneous... Regards,Martin--HairerSofthttp://www.hairersoft.com/

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Thanks, but, can't do it with QT. Got the files joined but cannot export in to a single video file. QT pro 7 won't do it either.
Maybe you are using an old version of OS X? I tried QT 10.4 on El Capitan and it seems to work as expected. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft

Ray Foret Jr

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

Nope, using El Capitan and the latest version of QuickTime. As many thousands of times as I have already tried the conversion, I know I'm doing all the steps properly, but it simply will not work. So, I am inquiring of other video app makers at least two of them to see whether not they have anything better to offer.

Sincerely,
The Constantly barefooted Ray,

Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone 6+ and Apple TV user!

Sent from my iPhone,
the only smart phone with full accessibility for the blind built-in

On Feb 21, 2016, at 4:01 PM, Martin Hairer <martin@hairersoft.com (martin@hairersoft.com)> wrote:

Maybe you are using an old version of OS X? I tried QT 10.4 on El Capitan and it seems to work as expected. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft

Roy

Post by Roy »

I use MPEG streamclip for this sort of thing, QTpro would save the movie, but with 2 video tracks and 2 audio tracks. as long as the 2 movie files are the same format, MpegStreamclip will join them together; once you have done that, you need to export to a new file. works on mavericks, I don't know about the newer os.
http://www.squared5.com/
take the time to read the user guide in the help menu.

cheers,
Roy