Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single channel playback from stereo recording- possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ce96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Single channel playback from stereo recording- possible? Reply with quote

I've recently moved from Windows XP to an iMac running OS X and am looking for a replacement audio editor for CoolEdit 2000. I've been evaluating Amadeus Pro which I think will make a good replacement. One thing I couldn't see how to make work was playback of only one channel in a stereo recording. This is something I've used used previously when locating a difficult click in a recording that's in one channel only. I can select part of just one channel OK but can't seem to be able to get the one channel to play. Is there a solution to this that I haven't seen? Thanks.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Single channel playback from stereo recording- possible? Reply with quote

Move the cursor up or down till you see the letter R or L added to
it. Double-click the track where you want to start playback.

Amadeus has a number of playback options, each for a different purpose.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
ce96

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Gerard much appreciated. I'd found how to mark a single channel, but I'd not discovered the trick of double clicking. One last thing, can you loop the playback of the marked segment in the single channel? I checked the tick box for Loop playback on the bottom bar which works fine for both channels but didn't seem to work with just a single channel. Is there a solution to this? Regards Jeremy
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Single channel playback from stereo recording- possible? Reply with quote

You are right, looping one channel is not working.

My solution would be to copy the selection to a new file
(cmd-shift-C) and loop that one.
When you mark the selection first, you can paste the part back
exactly where it came from even after changing it.

regards

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: