gapless CD burning problem from Amadeus Pro

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Sonic Purity

Re: gapless CD burning problem from Amadeus Pro

Post by Sonic Purity »

greatbear wrote:I've been editing some large stereo files and creating markers for CD track points - when I burn from Amadeus (1.3.3) using CD gap 0 secs I still get a very small but noticeable 'hiccup' in the audio between tracks - I've confirmed this behaviour on several CD players.

After spliting the file into individual WAVS and importing into Roxio Toast and setting it's gaps to 0 I have a perfect gapless CD.

I guess Amadus is using the MacOS X cdburning system but is this DAO? Could this be the problem? It makes life so much quicker burning from Amadeus..
It may be worth trying the new version 1.4. There were some changes related to the CD writing abilities. I happen to know from some testing i was doing that AP is indeed using the OS X CD writing subsystem. When i looked at one of the logs, i saw SAO (Session At Once)... at least it was not TAO (Track At Once)!

Not sure why Martin is not using DAO (Disc At Once... not everyone reading this may know the abbreviations, even if most of us do). AP only makes audio CDs, which are always one session and "closed". Unless he has plans to add an option to leave the disc "open" so that some other software can add a data session to make something like CD Extra. Still, i would not think that SAO would be different, within the session, than DAO, so maybe there is some other reason for the glitches.

I have a bunch of thoughts/suggestions for improvements to the CD burning aspects of AP that i plan to share here for all of us to discuss... no time to type them up now. In a few days.
))Sonic((