Can Amadeus accept digital sound input?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

lleifer

Can Amadeus accept digital sound input?

Post by lleifer »

I can't find anything in the user manual or forum topics about this. I'm using a Macbook Pro which has digital sound input capability. I got the toslink miniplug adapter and tried inputting the signal from a cd player with an optical out into the computer via its sound in port. Amadeus Pro sees something in its vu meters but it just amounts to what I think others in the forum are calling "digital noise" - loud static. The computer's sound input preference sheet shows that there is a digital input present when I do this. Does this mean that the program isn't capable of dealing with this type of input? Is there a plan to include this capability in future versions. Does anyone know of free or low-cost software that can accept this signal and hand it over to Amadeus Pro if that is what is required?

Thanks for any help and/or ideas.

Lyon
lleifer

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

It works fine for me on my iMac. The input jack is a combined optical/analogue one which selects appropriately to what is plugged into it. APro is set to 'Line in' in its Preferences. I don't know whether the MacBook is the same, but the principle should be. However you may need to click the 'Advanced Settings' button and make sure that the sampling rate is the same as what you are feeding it with. With a CD player that will be 44.1kHz. If you record the input what do you hear?

In any event if you actually want to work on tracks from a CD you can just open the image, drag the tracks to the desktop and then open them in APro.