Proper Audio CD Format

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

bzemeski

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by bzemeski »

To burn an audio (lecture) file(s) to be listened to on a CD can you please tell me what format should it be in?

Gerard Bik

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by Gerard Bik »

To burn an audio (lecture) file(s) to be listened to on a CD can you please tell me what format should it be in?
The short answer: audio cd format ;-)

When burning an audio cd with Amadeus, iTunes or Toast, the application automatically converts your input to the correct format.
The input may be any format the application can handle.
In AmadeusPro, open any sound file and hit Sound>Burn to cd. The default settings should do fine.

The cost of blank cd disks can't be an obstacle to try it.

gerards regards

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

bzemeski

Re: Proper Audio CD Format

Post by bzemeski »

GerardBik wrote:
When burning an audio cd with Amadeus, iTunes or Toast, the application automatically converts your input to the correct format.
In AmadeusPro, open any sound file and hit Sound>Burn to cd. The default settings should do fine.

I have an m4a file. I want to be able to play it on my CD player. "Save As" gives me many different options, but I am not sure which one suits for what I want to do. When I select "burn" for the m4a I get a notice that says "This document cannot be burned to a CD" (since when can't you burn something to a CD?) It also says, "Please make sure that its sampling rate is equal to the 44.1 kHz." If the application automatically coverts the input to the correct format (I didn't see any change) then why won't it burn it?

Appreciate any help on this.

Bob

Gerard Bik

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by Gerard Bik »

GerardBik wrote:

I have an m4a file. I want to be able to play it on my CD player. "Save As" gives me many different options, but I am not sure which one suits for what I want to do. When I select "burn" for the m4a I get a notice that says "This document cannot be burned to a CD" (since when can't you burn something to a CD?) It also says, "Please make sure that its sampling rate is equal to the 44.1 kHz." If the application automatically coverts the input to the correct format (I didn't see any change) then why won't it burn it?

Appreciate any help on this.
Bob

Sorry Bob, I seem to have been optimistic. Amadeus' procedure was not yet completely automatic.
Martin just sent the message below. Untill the next upgrade you will have to adjust the sampling rate to burn from your m4a file. Or try itunes.

gerards regards

Use the Sound -> Characteristics function to change the sampling rate to 44.1 kHz. This should do the trick. I will fix the next version so that it recognises this situation and does the resampling automatically... Regards,
Martin
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by Martin Hairer »

Martin just sent the message below.
That was regarding the saving of m4a files, not their burning to CD.
However, I may do the conversion to 44.1kHz when burning to CD
automatically as well, this would make sense. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

bzemeski

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by bzemeski »

Please -- would someone explain how I can play an m4a audio file on a CD player that can't play m4a files? That is what audio format is it to be converted to?

Thanks,
Bob

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Proper Audio CD Format

Post by Martin Hairer »

Please -- would someone explain how I can play an m4a audio file on
a CD player that can't play m4a files? That is what audio format is
it to be converted to?
1. Open your file in Amadeus Pro.
2. Go to "Sound -> Characteristics" and choose a sampling rate of
44100 Hz and a sampling depth of 16 Bit.
3. Hit the "Burn" button or choose "Sound -> Burn to CD".

The original file format is completely irrelevant. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

bzemeski

Post by bzemeski »

Thank you so much!