Setting track marks for CD burn?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

silsurf

Post by silsurf »

I have a concert audio file that is a continuous stream. I want to add track marks for a DAO burn? If I add "markers" in Amadeus Pro, do those equal tracks when I burn the file, even if I save it out and burn it using Toast?

Or, the real question is, what is the best way to add track info to a continuous audio file for burning to CD?

Thanks,

Henry

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

I have a concert audio file that is a continuous stream. I want to add track marks for a DAO burn? If I add "markers" in Amadeus Pro, do those equal tracks when I burn the file, even if I save it out and burn it using Toast?

Or, the real question is, what is the best way to add track info to a continuous audio file for burning to CD?

Thanks,

Henry
My method may be old fashioned by now, but this is what I do:

Put Markers in > split according to markers > drop files into Toast > set pause between tracks to 0 > burn.

This way a long song can be divided into tracks whithout audible gaps.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

If you use track markers, split by markers and then burn the resulting
files using toast with the intertrack time of 0, you do what you want.
There may well be better ways.

Chuck

silsurf wrote:

Thanks,

Henry

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

rfwilmut

Re: Setting track marks for CD burn?

Post by rfwilmut »

GerardBik wrote:
Put Markers in > split according to markers > drop files into Toast > set pause between tracks to 0 > burn.
This way a long song can be divided into tracks whithout audible gaps.
This method is absolutely fine, but to be compliant with CD standards there should be a 2 second pause before the first track. The others can all be zero. (The setting in Toast for each track is for the pause before it.)