Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting track marks for CD burn?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silsurf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Setting track marks for CD burn? Reply with quote

I have a concert audio file that is a continuous stream. I want to add track marks for a DAO burn? If I add "markers" in Amadeus Pro, do those equal tracks when I burn the file, even if I save it out and burn it using Toast?

Or, the real question is, what is the best way to add track info to a continuous audio file for burning to CD?

Thanks,

Henry
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Setting track marks for CD burn? Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a concert audio file that is a continuous stream. I want to add track marks for a DAO burn? If I add "markers" in Amadeus Pro, do those equal tracks when I burn the file, even if I save it out and burn it using Toast?

Or, the real question is, what is the best way to add track info to a continuous audio file for burning to CD?

Thanks,

Henry

My method may be old fashioned by now, but this is what I do:

Put Markers in > split according to markers > drop files into Toast > set pause between tracks to 0 > burn.

This way a long song can be divided into tracks whithout audible gaps.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
CDJonah_alt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Setting track marks for CD burn? Reply with quote

If you use track markers, split by markers and then burn the resulting
files using toast with the intertrack time of 0, you do what you want.
There may well be better ways.

Chuck

silsurf wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Henry

rfwilmut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Setting track marks for CD burn? Reply with quote

[quote="GerardBik"]
Quote:

Put Markers in > split according to markers > drop files into Toast > set pause between tracks to 0 > burn.
This way a long song can be divided into tracks whithout audible gaps.

This method is absolutely fine, but to be compliant with CD standards there should be a 2 second pause before the first track. The others can all be zero. (The setting in Toast for each track is for the pause before it.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: