How to create 30-sec. overlay-type moveable selection?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

husskat

Post by husskat »

I have a pile of about 35 songs in front of me that I need to make 30-sec clips from. I would love to have a 30-sec selection or maybe set of markers that I could move around over each song and find the best beginning and end point for each clip.

Hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully there is an easy way to do this that I have overlooked!

Thanks,

Kathy Hussey

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

I have a pile of about 35 songs in front of me that I need to make 30-sec clips from. I would love to have a 30-sec selection or maybe set of markers that I could move around over each song and find the best beginning and end point for each clip.

Hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully there is an easy way to do this that I have overlooked!

Thanks,

Kathy Hussey
The only way I can see is to determine the in-point and then use the selection window/palette to add 30 seconds to the end time.
In XPress, my lay-out program, every value box can do calculations like +10 mm or *3.
Amadeus cannot do this. In this case it would be a nice addition, but I don't know how much programming effort this would take.

gerards regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

husskat

that's the way to do it

Post by husskat »

yes, thanks - that's exactly how I did it...I was just thinking how nice it would be to move a 30-sec box around in the file and see what the starting and ending points ended up being. That would be a fantastic feature - I'm sure a lot of us are in the position of making short demo clips of full-length songs and this would make it actually kinda fun.

Thanks for the reply!

-kh