Playback before Insertion point

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

pkaganis

Post by pkaganis »

Before I decide on an insertion point, I not only like to hear the beginning of the insertion point, I also like to hear a few seconds before it to be sure I didn't cut anything off. I am about to buy Amadeus Pro and have been tinkering with the trial version and haven't been able to find anything that would do this. To compare with another product, Audacity uses the space bar to stop and play from insertion point (similar to Amadeus) but the "B" shortcut allows you to play before the insertion point. The From point is wherever the cursor sits so I can choose the starting point and hit "B" and the End point is the insertion point.

Product looks great so far and I'm hoping there's a way to accomplish this. Thanks, Perry.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

There is one function similar to that which is the 'e' shortcut. If
you have a portion of sound selected, it will play a short time before
the start of the selection, followed by a short time after the end of
the selection. This allows to preview an edit before actually making
it. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

pkaganis

Post by pkaganis »

Thanks for the response. I did try that out but it's not exactly what I was looking for. The preview is too short and not controllable and I don't want to hear the other side of the edit. This would confuse me as I only want to hear the lead-in sound and then silence.

Do you have plans to include something like this in a future release? Is there any way to program a shortcut within Amadeus?

Thanks again. Amadeus is much better than Audacity and I will be purchasing as soon as I gather up my files from my PC (I just purchased the iMac) and start focusing.