Window Tiling PLEASE!

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

juliadee

Window Tiling PLEASE!

Post by juliadee »

The only thing that keeps Amadeus from being my main editor and which ties me to Peak is Amadeus' lack of a window tiling function. While I realize that most folks creating music typically have a small number of windows open, people like me, i.e. sound designers, often need to have 20, 60, or 100 files open and furthermore need to be able to rapidly switch between them, listening, comparing, copying/pasting/inserting etc. The best program ever for this was Alchemy, which would tile or "strip" windows on command, and which had no unnecessary document window clutter, allowing the most possible windows to be open on a screen while still seeing the msot possible waveform. Peak can tile windows, but Peak's windows have so much junk on them (icons, buttons, info readouts, etc.) that when you get to 16 windows the screen is full even on a big monitor, and then it starts tiling in another layer, defeating much of the purpose. I would buy the Pro version immediately if it had a good tiling feature. Thanks!

shamca

Post by shamca »

+1 on this request.

I would love to be able to switch between 2 sets of 4 tiled windows..much better work flow.

Shaun

juliadee

Post by juliadee »

Thanks. Not sure if I'd have too much use for sets, but it could be cool. I'd just like to have all my files visible at once. And NOT re-ordered every time I save a file, like Peak does. One quickly learns where on the screen each file is, and to have them re-ordered with each file save is maddening.