Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording a Sibelius piece with Amedeus Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdeschenes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Recording a Sibelius piece with Amedeus Pro Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer. I want to be able to record a piece I have written with the notation software Sibelius.

Normally (I think), I should simply click on record in Amadeus, then click play in Sibelius and what is being played should record. Nop! It does not work.

I am sure it is a question of config, but I am not sure where to look: in Amadeus or my OS.

An suggestion will be most welcome!

Thanks a lot!

Bruno Question
Tristan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extra step or two is required if you want to record an application's audio with another application. Here are 4 possible solutions to your situation.

Solution #1 is to physically connect your Mac's "headphones" jack to its "line in" jack with a 3.5 mm (eighth-inch) audio cord. Set your input source to "Line In" under Amadeus' Preferences... > Audio tab. Adjust the system's output volume to a reasonable level (System Preferences > Sound Preference Pane). Now you can use Amadeus to record your Mac's sound output, which includes Sibelius' playback but also any alert sounds or other applications' sounds.

Solution #2 is to download Jack OS X. This freeware provides a way to route audio from one application to another.

Solution #3 is to use Audio Hijack Pro to do the recording. This $32 shareware is a self-contained interface that records audio from any application. After capturing Sibelius' output in Audio Hijack as an AIFF or WAV, open the resulting file in Amadeus for editing.

Solution #4, since you need to capture from Sibelius, would be to use File > Save As Audio Track from within Sibelius itself. But you must have Kontakt Player Silver or Gold installed to save audio tracks this way. Check to see if you already have Kontakt Player - it often comes with Sibelius.

Yours,

Tristan
bdeschenes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tristan,

Thanks a lot! I will take a look at that!

Bruno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: