Repair Automation

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Limnos

Post by Limnos »

Well, in AII the feature is automated, but the degree to which it actually works is another matter. Despite the sensitivity setting I too found AII to miss glaringly obvious (visual and audible) clicks. Perhaps Martin can introduce an algorithm that looks for something simple like a huge jump between two consecutive points on the wave. "Perhaps it could be more configurable than just "sensitivity". Until then I find the interpolation feature to be good dealing with errors once you find them but if you really want a pop-free track be prepared to listen to the thing carefully, repeatedly, and then track down the errors one by one visually.

CDJonah_alt

Repair Automation

Post by CDJonah_alt »

You might try the program click-repair -- I have read a lot of good
things about it. If one were to look for sharp transitions, it is
probably better search backwards -- there aren't many sound sources that
stop immediately -- start, there are more.

Chuck

Limnos wrote:
Well, in AII the feature is automated, but the degree to which it actually works is another matter. Despite the sensitivity setting I too found AII to miss glaringly obvious (visual and audible) clicks. Perhaps Martin can introduce an algorithm that looks for something simple like a huge jump between two consecutive points on the wave. "Perhaps it could be more configurable than just "sensitivity". Until then I find the interpolation feature to be good dealing with errors once you find them but if you really want a pop-free track be prepared to listen to the thing carefully, repeatedly, and then track down the errors one by one visually.

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list