Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Trim silences" mid-file? query / feature-request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misnoma

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: "Trim silences" mid-file? query / feature-request Reply with quote

I understand that "Trim Silence" removes silences only at the start and end of a file?

Is there a way to automatically trim silences during the audio? eg. like Audacity has this feature called "Truncate Silence".

Specifically, I would like to
1) Generate Markers using silences
2) trim the silences, while preserving the markers.
3) audition the whole sequence, make fine adjustments, modify the markers
4) split at markers

I know I could do a batch process to trim start/end silence after splitting. But I would like the silences removed earlier, to make it easier to audition the material and modify markers before splitting.

I guess if there was a way to concatenate a bunch of audio files, with markers generated between them, that would also work. Has anyone done that with a batch?

thanks!
Garth Humphreys

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: "Trim silences" mid-file? query / feature-request Reply with quote

Totally agree, I'd love this feature as well. It would be great if it had separate thresholds for the beginning and end of silent periods, the ability to adjust how long silences were and A host of other parameters.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 May 2016, at 6:09 PM, misnoma <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

I understand that "Trim Silence" removes silences only at the start and end of a file?

Is there a way to automatically trim silences during the audio? eg. like Audacity has this feature called "Truncate Silence".

Specifically, I would like to
1) Generate Markers using silences
2) trim the silences, while preserving the markers.
3) audition the whole sequence, make fine adjustments, modify the markers
4) split at markers

I know I could do a batch process to trim start/end silence after splitting. But I would like the silences removed earlier, to make it easier to audition the material and modify markers before splitting.

I guess if there was a way to concatenate a bunch of audio files, with markers generated between them, that would also work. Has anyone done that with a batch?

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: