Can I label or otherwise ID clips within a track?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Hi!

I am very new to this, but I am preparing a series of one-hour jazz programs to be broadcast on our local Community/Public radio station (WTIP). I prepare Playlists in iTunes and then import them a clips into a track on Amadeus. It looks like I use a second track to record station ID's, commentary, etc. These are prepared off-line so the final product will be exported as an MP3 file and uploaded to their DropBox.

Is there any way that I can provide an ID of each clip within a track to make it easier to identify the 'tune' associated with each clip?

I have looked at numerous possible programs (including Audacity, MegaSeg, RadioLogic, Sound Forge, etc. and this seems to be the most intuitive and appropriate program for me to use). Would be interested in other folk's experiences.

Regards, david (
:D -> so far)

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi David,
Is there any way that I can provide an ID of each clip within a track to make it easier to identify the 'tune' associated with each clip?
Have you tried using markers or are these inappropriate for some reason in your context?
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Yes. But I was hoping that markers,would be directly linked to a clip, not to the time-line. Reason is that if I am swapping position of tunes (clips) th clip and the corresponding marker would remain linked together. Maybe this capability exists, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks, d