Two feature Requests

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Garth Humphreys

Two feature Requests

Post by Garth Humphreys »

Hi Martin

Would love the addition of scrubbing through audio when editing.

Also, wondering if there is any way of having voice over report the active track when moving through them. For example, if the track has been named, it could report this or the tracks are not name, just read track numbers. I understand you can use Shift+Space to play the active track or preview the track, but when moving through a large number of them in a multi track project it would be good to be able to move between them quickly with ’n' and have VO report as you go.

Regards
Garth Humphreys =

Dan Eickmeier

Two feature Requests

Post by Dan Eickmeier »

Agreed, Garth, that would be good to be able to scrub through audio when editing. That way I could do really fine, and more precise edits.
On Mar 3, 2016, at 4:49 AM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Martin

Would love the addition of scrubbing through audio when editing.

Also, wondering if there is any way of having voice over report the active track when moving through them. For example, if the track has been named, it could report this or the tracks are not name, just read track numbers. I understand you can use Shift+Space to play the active track or preview the track, but when moving through a large number of them in a multi track project it would be good to be able to move between them quickly with ’n' and have VO report as you go.

Regards
Garth Humphreys

JEGG

Re: Two feature Requests

Post by JEGG »

Dan Eickmeier wrote:Agreed, Garth, that would be good to be able to scrub through audio when editing. That way I could do really fine, and more
Agreed, this would really step up the game for Amadeus. One of the best implementations of scrubbing was in Peak or Peak LE (loathe worthy organization...). It's a little like what happens when dragging the playhead in Amadeus, but the loop was much (!) shorter and configurable and rapidly reiterated as the loop length shortened. No problem separating vowels and consonants! It was easy to locate edit points in the middle of a spoken word!

DSP Quattro is a two track editor that has decent scrubbing and nudge features. As it doesn't complete with Amadeus, I mention it here.

Scrubbing in Amadeus has been mentioned more than a few times in this forum (have a look), and it would be great if Martin could implement it in a more sophisticated way than is now possible.

Ray Foret jr

Two feature Requests

Post by Ray Foret jr »

I agree. For my part, I’d love a six band paragraphic equalizer which would let you adjust frequencies from 20HZ to 20KHZ and DB from -30 to +30 and cue range from .20 to 12 or so (the higher the cue number the narrower the cue and more specific the actual frequency target).

Also, Mid/side separation which when the mid channel is removed, still perfectly preserves the stereo image in the left and right sides: in other words, the side channel would contain the stereo left and right image. The Mid, of course, as well as the side channel would be equalizable and adjustable.

One final feature. Veriable pitch adjustment. OH, yeah, one truly last thing. the ability to add dynamic compression if audio peeks clip during normalization.

Piled on a bit haven’t I?

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Mar 15, 2016, at 6:18 PM, JEGG <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Dan Eickmeier wrote:
Agreed, Garth, that would be good to be able to scrub through audio when editing. That way I could do really fine, and more
Agreed, this would really step up the game for Amadeus. One of the best implementations of scrubbing was in Peak or Peak LE (loathe worthy organization...). It's a little like what happens when dragging the playhead in Amadeus, but the leap was much (!) shorter and configurable and rapidly reiterated. No problem separating vowels and consonants! It was easy to locate edit points in the middle of a spoken word!

DSP Quattro is a two track editor that has decent scrubbing and nudge features. As it doesn't complete with Amadeus, I mention it here.

Scrubbing in Amadeus has been mentioned more than a few times in this forum (have a look), and it would be great if Martin could implement it in a more sophisticated way than is now possible.

JEGG

Re: Two feature Requests

Post by JEGG »

Ray Foret jr wrote:
Also, Mid/side separation which when the mid channel is removed, still perfectly preserves the stereo image in the left and right sides: in other words, the side channel would contain the stereo left and right image. The Mid, of course, as well as the side channel would be equalizable and adjustable.
Hi-
The free Voxengo plugin MSED mentioned elsewhere will encode, decode, work "inline", cancel mid, cancel sides. It does everything you need to do.

The topic of the thread was scrubbing, we may be going astray with mid side processing and equalization.

'Hope the plugin suits your needs.

Ray Foret jr

Two feature Requests

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Ah yes, I seem to recall trying that one. Problem is it doesn’t seem to be at all accessible with Voice Over.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Mar 16, 2016, at 10:24 AM, JEGG <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Ray Foret jr wrote:

Hi-
The free Voxengo plugin mentioned elsewhere will encode, decode, work "inline", cancel mid, cancel sides. It does everything you need to do.