Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balky .wav file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevejolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Balky .wav file Reply with quote

Martin, I have a balky .wav file that my (much-used and appreciated) Amadeus Pro 2.2.2 refuses to open, given me an error message that it "An error occurred...This does not appear to be a valid Wave file" -- however, several other Mac editors including Audacity open it immediately.

It's not actually a problem for me, because I exported it from Audacity to .aiff and them immediately opened it in Amadeus Pro. Still -- intending to be of help to you, my obvious question: might APro be parsing .wav files a tiny bit too strictly, or is this actually a seriously flawed file?

It was exported from an iPhone app that I use often for of its ability to (legally) record dialed-out calls; I archive my training calls for various employees using it. I notice that APro is refusing to open other Recorder-exported .wav files -- and those, too, are being opened immediately by Audacity, etc.

I'm assuming that your guidance on this will apply to every user, so we might all learn something useful. Would you like for me to forward one of these files to you, for your closer examination?
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Balky .wav file Reply with quote

Dear Steve, this sounds like the sort of thing that might happen when the file has a .wav extension, but isn't actually a WAVE file. If you send me a Dropbox link to the file I am happy to have a quick look. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: