Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to move things around!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdeschenes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: How to move things around!!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I use the French version, so I am not sure of the terms used in English. Let me try.

I have a piece with 2 tracks. In each track I have a bunch of extracts (extraits in French), so are long, some are short. Each one of them is place in particular positions.

Now here is my question: I want to add something, let's say at about 2", so I have to move all the tracts on the right, but I want to move a whole bunch together so that they keep their relative positions to each other.

As far as I can see, I can only move them one at a time (very time consuming) and then I would have to reset manually, one by one each extracts relatively to the others (also very time consuming).

So, is it possible to move a bunch of extracts and keep their relative positions to each other.

Thanks! Bruno
dinojrx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: How to move things around!!! Reply with quote

Hi Bruno,

to move all cuts at the same time is not possible at the moment. But there are two little workarounds.

1. Martin introduced a "lock" feature. Right-click between two samples and there's a "lock" option. It locks the space between the two. Repeat for whole track.

2. Because locking many gaps needs so many seconds I sometimes merge a track, split it at one point and then move the whole mergers track.

Boths solutions are working for only one track not all together.

Best Jan

Am 20.01.2015 um 03:36 schrieb bdeschenes <forum2mail@hairersoft.com>:

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I use the French version, so I am not sure of the terms used in English. Let me try.

I have a piece with 2 tracks. In each track I have a bunch of extracts (extraits in French), so are long, some are short. Each one of them is place in particular positions.

Now here is my question: I want to add something, let's say at about 2", so I have to move all the tracts on the right, but I want to move a whole bunch together so that they keep their relative positions to each other.

As far as I can see, I can only move them one at a time (very time consuming) and then I would have to reset manually, one by one each extracts relatively to the others (also very time consuming).

So, is it possible to move a bunch of extracts and keep their relative positions to each other.

Thanks! Bruno

------------------------
--------------------
Bruno Deschenes
bruno@musis.ca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: