Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amadeus Pro on retina screen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene Steinberg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, testing an iMac 5K, and I see that Amadeus Pro, latest version, runs slowly. It drags. It's noticeably slower than on my vintage late 2009 iMac, where performance is reasonably snappy.

Both running latest OS 10.10.x with similar system setups otherwise. 2009 iMac has 16GB of RAM. iMac 5K is entry-level (???) with 8GB.

Any clues?

Peace,
Gene
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gene, the difference in speed you noticed is probably due to the large retina screen on the new iMac, although the speed on my 2012 retina MacBook Pro is quite acceptable... One thing you could try is to select Amadeus Pro in the Finder, type command-I ("Get Info..."), and tick the "Open in low resolution" checkbox. This will give you graphics that's not as crisp, but should be substantially faster. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Soren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on my iMac 5k (top model). Running the app in low resolution helps a lot on speed, but looking at the blurry text and waveform makes me feel like I need new glasses.

Reducing the size of the waveform window also makes the app feel faster in retina resolution, but it would be nice if one could use more of the screen and avoid the drag.

Best Regards
Soren
Gene Steinberg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this something you plan to fix? Certainly an iMac 5K has more than enough graphics horsepower to deliver the goods for most any app.

Peace,
Gene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: