Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Amadeus II continue to work beyond OS X 10.6.8?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glinden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Will Amadeus II continue to work beyond OS X 10.6.8? Reply with quote

I don't like to "fix" things that work for me, so I haven't upgraded my OS in a long time. I've also stuck with Amadeus II because I don't want to lose my custom filter settings and the nifty "search peak" function.

I'm finally starting to feel OS envy, but I'll stay with 10.6.8 if that's the last version that will let me run Amadeus II. Can Martin or anyone tell me if the later OS upgrades "broke" Amadeus II?

PS: Belated congratulations to Martin on the Fields Medal !
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Will Amadeus II continue to work beyond OS X 10.6.8? Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Apple dropped support for Rosetta (required to run Amadeus II on Intel hardware) in OS X 10.7 and there does not seem to be any workaround… Amadeus Lite / Pro do of course run perfectly fine on OS X 10.7 and above Wink Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

glinden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, Martin. It sounds like I will need to move out of my comfort zone before much longer.

Did "peak search" ever make it into Amadeus Pro? When I tried an early version I couldn't find it.

The other thing I love in II is the ability to draw my own filter. I can't remember if that was there or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: