Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mp3 compatibility with Audition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zamboknee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: mp3 compatibility with Audition Reply with quote

I use Amadeus Pro on my laptop and Adobe Audition 1.5 (sigh) on my work computer.
When I try to save mp3 to open in Audition it never works out.
I think it's the codec. Amadeus uses AAC codec and Audition uses mpeg 1 layer III.
Any tips on how to export/save to mp3 in Amadeus so that it'll open in Audition?
Thanks,
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: mp3 compatibility with Audition Reply with quote

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen AA 1.5...

Have you tested just with a .wav file? 

Specific to the mp3, are you "Importing" with AA? Rather than just trying to "Open" the file?  I don't recall if that was an issue, but I'd try that.

More likely, you have a difference in bitrate.  I'd confirm you are at 16 bit or 32 bit on both. 

hope that helps!

- Jim

Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices@gmail.com (jimedgarvoices@gmail.com)
http://www.jimedgarvoices.com

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM, zamboknee <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I use Amadeus Pro on my laptop and Adobe Audition 1.5 (sigh) on my work computer.
I think it's the codec.  Amadeus uses AAC codec and Audition uses mpeg 1 layer III.
Any tips on how to export/save to mp3 in Amadeus so that it'll open in Audition?
Thanks,

CDJonah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: mp3 compatibility with Audition Reply with quote

All I can say is that we had some one send around some AAC files that some computers couldn't open. I opened them in AP and saved them AP. Possibly it is the bit rate. You have a choice of (at least in the version I am using) constant, variable or average bit rate. If I am going for portability, I use constant bit rate.

Chuck

On 4/26/13 6:35 PM, Jim Edgar wrote:

Quote:
Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen AA 1.5...

Have you tested just with a .wav file?

Specific to the mp3, are you "Importing" with AA? Rather than just trying to "Open" the file? I don't recall if that was an issue, but I'd try that.

More likely, you have a difference in bitrate. I'd confirm you are at 16 bit or 32 bit on both.

hope that helps!

- Jim

Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices@gmail.com (jimedgarvoices@gmail.com)
http://www.jimedgarvoices.com

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM, zamboknee <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I think it's the codec. Amadeus uses AAC codec and Audition uses mpeg 1 layer III.
Thanks,

Quote:
JEGG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: mp3 compatibility with Audition Reply with quote

zamboknee wrote:
Thanks,

I can't immediately offer an answer to your problem, but to avoid confusion, AAC and MP3 flavors are not the same. Make sure you are saving to an MP3 format-but see the question below...........

AAC is Apple's Advanced Audio Codec. I would be surprised if AA 1.5 would open any AAC file (though you could try typing in some different file extensions after the dot).

Question: Why are you saving to a compressed file format in AP if you are then going to open it and presumably process it in Audition?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: