Is It Possible To Make a Waveform Even (Same Levels)?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mbdrums

Post by mbdrums »

I am recording some drum tracks and wondering if there's any Effect in AP that will "even out" say - an open Drum Roll - so that all the strokes are perfectly even (though they pretty much are already)?

I can manually adjust the volume of each stroke so that they all match pretty well, with no problem ... but it just takes a lot of extra time. Was just wondering if there was one of the Effects in AP that might do it a lot easier in one step/click?

Many thanks!

BTW ... Amadeus Pro is an amazing program!! I thought I would never find anything better than BIAS Peak, but after working in the program, now, for several months, I can say, IMHO, that AP is far superior - especially the fact that you can Multi-Track in AP, but you cannot in Peak. There are many other features I prefer now in AP, which really blows Peak out of the water!

THANK YOU, MARTIN!!

Mark
Official Voting Member - The GRAMMYs
Professor of Music/Percussion - Drexel University
President - National Association of Rudimental Drummers (N.A.R.D)

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Sounds like you are describing a compression/normalization process.  I'd play around with the AU Dynamics Processor to see if you can create a preset which does that.

hope that helps,

- J
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices@gmail.com (jimedgarvoices@gmail.com)
http://www.jimedgarvoices.com

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM, mbdrums <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I am recording some drum tracks and wondering if there's any Effect in AP that will "even out" say - an open Drum Roll - so that all the strokes are perfectly even (though they pretty much are already)?

I can manually adjust the volume of each stroke so that they all match pretty well, with no problem ... but it just takes a lot of extra time. Was just wondering if there was one of the Effects in AP that might do it a lot easier in one step/click?

Many thanks!

BTW ... Amadeus Pro is an amazing program!! I thought I would never find anything better than BIAS Peak, but after working in the program, now, for several months, I can say, IMHO, that AP is far superior - especially the fact that you can Multi-Track in AP, but you cannot in Peak. There are many other features I prefer now in AP, which really blows Peak out of the water!

THANK YOU, MARTIN!!

Mark

------------------------
Official Voting Member - The GRAMMYs
Professor of Music/Percussion - Drexel University
President - National Association of Rudimental Drummers (N.A.R.D)