Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low Frequency Output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmalling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Low Frequency Output Reply with quote

I created a small frequency test file contain short (10 second) bands of sine wave. The first being at 4096 Hz, then 2048 Hz, and on down. I was able to hear the 64 Hz band but nothing lower. At first you think "oh, the speakers just can't produce 32 Hz." But when I feed line out into my cassette recorder the last band showing any activity on the VU meters is the 64 Hz band. There is no signal coming out of the Mac below that. Is there a band pass filter in the Mac's audio system?
gmalling

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I have removed my head from that place where the sun doesn't shine, you all can please forget that I ever asked the question. The signal was there but just to low to trigger the VU meters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: