mbdrums

Click Track/Recording App or Desktop Audio

Post by mbdrums »

Hello Amadeus Forum,

First of all ... I'm using Amadeus Pro 2.1.1
Computer: MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15
Mac OS 10 X Version 10.7.5 ... 8 GB RAM

I have 2 questions:
!) Is there any other way to create a Click Track in Amadeus Pro, other than recording a separate track from some Metronome App?
2) I just downloaded a free Metronome App - TapNTempo (which I successfully recorded a track of "Click" onto Amadeus with) ... however ... it also recorded what was going on in our room at the same time, because it was using the Internal Microphone as the device for Sound Input.

Is there any way I can record audio from my desktop (other than streaming) where I can record audio from an App - like say from Spotify or from this TapNTempo App, without picking up the room audio from my Internal Microphone on my MacBook Pro?

Many thanks in advance, for any help you can render!
God Bless.

Mark
Official Voting Member - The GRAMMYs
Professor of Music/Percussion - Drexel University
President - National Association of Rudimental Drummers (N.A.R.D)

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Is there any way I can record audio from my desktop (other than streaming) where I can record audio from an App - like say from Spotify or from this TapNTempo App, without picking up the room audio from my Internal Microphone on my MacBook Pro?
Yes, you can use SoundFlower to route the output of any application
into Amadeus Pro. You can download it there:

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

You'll also find instructions on how to set it up there. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

mbdrums

Post by mbdrums »

Many thanks for the quick reply, Martin!

I'm a little apprehensive with Soundflower, though, because before I bought Amadeus Pro, I had been using BIAS Peak for years, and when I loaded it onto this MacBook Pro, it kept bombing ... i was trying everything and trashing a lot of preferences and Plug-ins, but I hadn't gotten rid of Soundflower up to that point. As soon as I trashed Soundflower, Peak began working OK, but then because I've had to have my logic board replaced twice, the BIAS Authorization Manager wouldn't allow any more authorizations (only 2 allowed), so Peak wouldn't open and I finally gave up on BIAS and all their dopey authorization crap and having to rely on their stupid FAQ Page. Though I really liked the software, they put themselves out of business with all the Authorization nonsense!

Anyway ... I will try Soundflower again ... I just hope it doesn't mess up my computer again :-)

Also ... any chance of Amadeus Pro including any Click Track plug-ins in the future?! It would just add another dimension to multi track recording on Amadeus Pro!

Thanks, Martin!
God Bless.

Mark

mbdrums

No Sound When Recording Using Soundflower

Post by mbdrums »

Hey Martin,

I took your advice and downloaded the lastest version of Soundflower for Mac OS X 10.7.5 and tried some test recordings using Amadeus Pro ... here were the results:

1) Successfully recorded a Spotify track - activity shown in the Recording Meter and waveform shown in display ... but no audio/sound that I could monitor as it recorded.
2) Also no sound on Playback. I tried switching Sound Devices during Playback and still no sound. The Playback Controller showed activity, but no sound.
3) Tried recording a track of the [metronome] App - TapNTempo (using Soundflower), but nothing happened at all ... no waveform and no activity in the meter. Also tried switching Sound Devices, but nothing. When I click off of Amadeus Pro and just switch to "Internal Speakers" - I hear the TapNTempo "Click" perfectly!

HELP!!!

Many thanks, Martin!

Mark

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

[quote]1) Successfully recorded a Spotify track - activity shown in the Recording Meter and waveform shown in display ... but no audio/sound that I could monitor as it recorded. [/quote]

If there is a waveform in the display, AP recorded something. If you playback and there is no sound, there's something wrong with your output settings. Have look in the section in the AP preferences. If there's everything all right, have look in the settings of your mac. Fastest solution: Click "alt" + right mouse on the speaker symbol. There you can see your in- and outputs.

[quote]2) Also no sound on Playback. I tried switching Sound Devices during Playback and still no sound. The Playback Controller showed activity, but no sound.
[/quote]

You must stop playback and restart again to take the change of the device effect.

[quote]3) Tried recording a track of the [metronome] App - TapNTempo (using Soundflower), but nothing happened at all ... no waveform and no activity in the meter. Also tried switching Sound Devices, but nothing. When I click off of Amadeus Pro and just switch to "Internal Speakers" - I hear the TapNTempo "Click" perfectly![/quote]

A problem with soundflower?

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

I have tended to us Audio Hijack to record and then open in AP.

On 2/1/13 8:05 AM, dinojrx wrote:
1) Successfully recorded a Spotify track - activity shown in the Recording Meter and waveform shown in display ... but no audio/sound that I could monitor as it recorded.
If there is a waveform in the display, AP recorded something. If you playback and there is no sound, there's something wrong with your output settings. Have look in the section in the AP preferences. If there's everything all right, have look in the settings of your mac. Fastest solution: Click "alt" + right mouse on the speaker symbol. There you can see your in- and outputs.
2) Also no sound on Playback. I tried switching Sound Devices during Playback and still no sound. The Playback Controller showed activity, but no sound.
You must stop playback and restart again to take the change of the device effect.
3) Tried recording a track of the [metronome] App - TapNTempo (using Soundflower), but nothing happened at all ... no waveform and no activity in the meter. Also tried switching Sound Devices, but nothing. When I click off of Amadeus Pro and just switch to "Internal Speakers" - I hear the TapNTempo "Click" perfectly!
A problem with soundflower?

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

doesn't the "playthrough" chech-box work? (on the recording panel of AP)

You may have to change some setting on the Sound-Preferences (in System Prefs of OS X) a/o in the Audio-MIDI Setup app.

It surely works

mbdrums

Post by mbdrums »

Hey ioannis - thanks for the response:
The "Playthrough" was checked and I still was getting no sound.
I actually ended up downloading Audio Hijack Pro, fooled around some more with my preferences ... Quit out of Amadeus Pro and restarted ... suddenly, the Playthrough began working and I was able to monitor my recordings as they were in progress.

It appeared, to me, that ever since loading Audio Hijack Pro, it helped to solve the problem - maybe a piece of software other AP users should consider, in lieu of, or in addition to using Soundflower.

CdJonah_alt & Dinojrx:
Many thanks for your responses, as well!
During the process of waiting for a Forum response to my Topic, Thank God, I was able to find the solution to my "No Sound" issue, which seemed to match the solutions you have posted - Thanks again!

God Bless.

Mark