Mac App Store -> Website

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

Since some (minor) functionality of the Mac App Store version of Amadeus Lite / Pro is crippled due to Apple's insistence on enforcing sandboxing, some users might want to switch to the version available on this website. (The best of course is to directly purchase it from me, rather than from Apple...)

If you are in this situation, please follow these steps if your are using Amadeus Pro:

1. Rename "Amadeus Pro" to "Amadeus Pro (MAS)".
2. Download the version of Amadeus Pro available on this website. The direct link is
http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusPro2/AmadeusPro.dmg
3. Move the application you just downloaded into your Applications folder
4. Launch Amadeus Pro and, when asked for a license, click on "Register Later".
5. Go to the "License Manager" in the "Amadeus Pro" menu.
6. Click on "Import App Store License" and select the old version "Amadeus Pro (MAS)" when prompted to do so.

If you are using Amadeus Lite, please follow instead these steps:

1. Rename "Amadeus Lite" to "Amadeus Lite (MAS)".
2. Download the version of Amadeus Lite available on this website. The direct link is
http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusLite/AmadeusLite.dmg
3. Move the application you just downloaded into your Applications folder
4. Launch Amadeus Lite and, when asked for a license, click on "Purchase Now".
5. Click on "Cancel Order" and then click on "Import" next to "Import App Store License".
6. Select the old version "Amadeus Lite (MAS)" when prompted to do so.

Et voilà, it should now be registered! Best,

Martin

jamiebullock

Post by jamiebullock »

Hi,

I have a MAS Amadeus Pro, and followed your instructions to switch to the 2.1.7 fix release.

However adding my MAS license in the License Manager doesn't work.

Nothing happens when I try to import the license and in the system Console, I get:

03/09/2014 13:26:23.343 Amadeus Pro[3774]: error: /Applications/Amadeus Pro.app: resource envelope is obsolete (custom omit rules)
03/09/2014 13:26:32.736 Amadeus Pro[3774]: Could not find image named 'IsSecureIcon'.

Jamie

clintond

Thanks so much!

Post by clintond »

Thanks so much - back up and working!
--------
clintond

Allan Tépper

Differences between Apple App Store version and direct

Post by Allan Tépper »

May I know the functionality differences between the Apple App Store version of Amadeus Pro and the direct version? Thank you!
Allan Tépper
director, CapicúaFM and TecnoTur LLC
contributor, ProVideo Coalition
+1-305-668-8556 x939
AllanTepper.com
Amazon.com/author/allantepper
books.AllanTepper.com
CapicúaFM.com
TecnoTur.ProVideoCoalition.com

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Probably a stupid question but I can't quite figure this out (lacking navigation skills now I'm in my dotage!). I've downloaded Amadeus Lite directly from Martin's site and I want to pay for it, but I don't want to go via the Apple Store. Opening the app shows me a dialogue telling me I have to do it via the Apple store. How can I avoid doing that?

Also, I used Amadeus a heck of a lot way back in the dark ages, so I know Martin's app is brilliant. But I'm a little irritated by the fact that my Applications icon in the Dock has changed to the Amadeus icon. So now I've got 2 icons almost the same (which could be confusing). I want my Apps icon back. How can I do that?

Appreciate any help, Oh and if I've put this in the wrong place I apologise, I'm completely new here.

Cheers, Dave.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi Dave,
Probably a stupid question but I can't quite figure this out (lacking navigation skills now I'm in my dotage!). I've downloaded Amadeus Lite directly from Martin's site and I want to pay for it, but I don't want to go via the Apple Store. Opening the app shows me a dialogue telling me I have to do it via the Apple store. How can I avoid doing that?
Sorry, it looks like the wording of that message is incorrect, I will fix that. If you click on "Purchase now" it will actually directly purchase from me from within Amadeus Lite and not from the App Store.
Also, I used Amadeus a heck of a lot way back in the dark ages, so I know Martin's app is brilliant. But I'm a little irritated by the fact that my Applications icon in the Dock has changed to the Amadeus icon. So now I've got 2 icons almost the same (which could be confusing). I want my Apps icon back. How can I do that?
Not sure I understand... Could you maybe send me a screenshot showing what happened? Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Hello Martin, thanks a lot for your reply to my post, it's much appreciated.

Regarding the first part, a couple of hours ago I found another page on your site where I was able to purchase Amadeus Lite direct from the site and pay for it with PayPal. So either that page wasn't active when I was trying yesterday, or all my stumbling about failed to locate it. Probably the latter! :-) Anyway, I've bought my copy now so that's solved.

As for my Applications folder (or "stack" as they're now called), it now shows the Amadeus icon with a blue disk behind it. I also have the Amadeus app in the dock so I'm displaying two icons virtually the same. I'd rather have the original icon for my apps stack. I've tried trashing the icon and pulling down a fresh alias but it still shows the same.

I could send you a screenshot of my dock, but I don't know how to do it, sorry. Do images have to be imported from a URL?

Dave[/img]

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

As for my Applications folder (or "stack" as they're now called), it now shows the Amadeus icon with a blue disk behind it. I also have the Amadeus app in the dock so I'm displaying two icons virtually the same. I'd rather have the original icon for my apps stack. I've tried trashing the icon and pulling down a fresh alias but it still shows the same.
Ah, I see, well the Dock just stacks up the icons of all the applications in alphabetic order, I suppose that it's simply that Amadeus is the first in the list and the App Store is now second, but used to be first... One way to change that is to rename for example the "App Store" app into " App Store" (with a space in front), which would move it back to first place. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

On the contrary Martin, I don't have the "App Store" in my dock, in fact I don't use it and don't want anything to do with it.

I'm not talking about the list of apps within my applications folder, I'm talking about the applications folder itself, which used to have it's own icon but now has the Amadeus icon. If I can find your email address I'll send you a screenshot.

Dave.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

I'm talking about the applications folder itself, which used to have it's own icon
If you control-click the applications folder in the Dock and choose to display it "as folder",
then it will use its own icon whcih looks like this:
If you choose to display it "as stack", then it will just display the icons of whatever applications
you actually have in your Applications folder in alphabetic order. In my case for example, this
would basically show the Acrobat Reader icon and everything else is hidden behind it. From your
description, I am pretty sure that this is what's happening. Regards,
Martin--HairerSofthttp://www.hairersoft.com/

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Aggghh!! I feel so stupid! You were right all along Martin, I should have known. My sincerest apologies for wasting your time.

The App Store app was in fact the first in the list until Amadeus came along, but I had assumed that the App Store's icon had been designed to be similar to the Applications folder's icon. I should have realised that it might not be the case. I'm still fumbling about with Mavericks, it's a big leap from OSX.4.

And I get more senile every day. :-(

Regards, Dave.

millahjovich

Post by millahjovich »

May I know the functionality differences between the Apple App Store version of Amadeus Pro and the direct version? Thank you!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Mac App Store -> Website

Post by Martin Hairer »

The App Store version cannot directly export to the iTunes library or as an iTunes ringtone. You can however simply save the file somewhere and then drag it onto the iTunes library, so this makes not much of a difference. More seriously, there still seem to be glitches in Apple's sandbox which sometimes affect the batch processor. When this happens, the batch processor is unable to save the processed files because it is prevented from doing so by the sandbox (which is mandatory for App Store applications). For most users this works fine though. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft