Amadeus keeps automatically opening

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ben1palmer

Post by ben1palmer »

I ve recently downloaded Amadeus Lite. Now when i try to play an mp4 video normally (just to watch it) Amadeus automatically opens and loads the file thinking i want to edit the sound on it. I ve looked through preferences to see if there s a tab to switch this off but can t find anything. Can anyone advise how to stop this happening?

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

What you look for is not found in Amadeus preferences, it's a Finder issue.

Select an mp4 video and look at the info (Command-I), there you can
choose and set the standard program to open mp4 files.

Whenever you want to edit a file in another than the default program,
the quickest way is to drag the file to the appropriate icon in the
dock.

Gerard

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

IEDP gecertificeerd

ben1palmer

Post by ben1palmer »

great thanks

markxm

Post by markxm »

I know that this is an old thread, but I have a more serious version of this problem since OS 10.12.x or maybe earlier.

I create videos using Final Cut Pro X which I export to .mp4 as that is the format required by the web-streamer we use. If I double-click them to check them, they are automatically opened in Amadeus Pro. If I inspect them and change the default app for opening them to QuickTime or VLC, I immediately get an alert claiming that the file has been created by an unidentified developer.

Does anyone know how I can solve this? At the moment I have to leave Amadeus Pro as the default app, and use Ctrl/right click to choose QuickTime from the dropdown menu.

I have posted it on the Apple Support forums, but …

Mark

markxm

Post by markxm »

Re-opening this old thread:

I have found, at least under OS 10.12.x and now under 10.13.x, that I have had a more pernicious version of the same problem.

I create .mp4 videos using Final Cut Pro X. Double-clicking on them to try to check them always tries to open them in Amadeus Pro. If I go to Info and choose QuickTime to open them in, I get an alert that the file cannot be opened as it is "from an unknown developer".

I started a thread on the Apple support forum. Jon Walker responded suggesting using "Open anyway" in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, which works, apparently also if I set "All files of this type". However, he also says:
This may depend on how the "unidentified developer" security trap is being triggered. Normally, when an unidentified app is first installed you override the issue as described above. Thereafter, the app should open normally until the next update by the same developer is installed. However, it is unclear if you are resetting the "Open with..." option for each individual file or for all files having the MP4 extension. It is also unclear if Amadeus Pro is resetting the security trap each time it creates a new file of it keeps traping on the files because you have never overridden the trap previously.
Given that the "unidentified developer" is Apple itself and one of its flagship apps, FCPX, and that I am merely trying to open it in another of Apple's apps, QuickTime. I find this most bizarre!

Mark

markxm

Post by markxm »

Three times since my previous post, I have received emails saying that a reply has been posted to this thread. On each occasion, there has been nothing new posted, so I don't know what's going on with this forum.

Apart from that, the solution to my problem came with a post on the Nisus Writer Pro forum concerning a related issue a user was having.

The answer was to do a safe boot, log in, shut down and reboot normally. So anyone else finding issues like this should try that.

Mark

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Three times since my previous post, I have received emails saying that a reply has been posted to this thread. On each occasion, there has been nothing new posted, so I don't know what's going on with this forum.
Unfortunately, this happens when spam gets posted to a thread. It usually gets moderated
so never actually shows up on the forum or the mailing list, but it seems that it still triggers
the reply notification, sorry about that. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

markxm

Re: Amadeus keeps automatically opening

Post by markxm »

Martin Hairer wrote:
Unfortunately, this happens when spam gets posted to a thread. It usually gets moderated
so never actually shows up on the forum or the mailing list, but it seems that it still triggers
the reply notification, sorry about that. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Thanks Martin. I understand.

The important thing is that my problem has been solved, so anyone else who has a similar problem will hopefully find this thread and try doing a Safe Boot.

:)

Mark