How to successfully import raw data? Update: Problem solved!

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Rudy

How to successfully import raw data? Update: Problem solved!

Post by Rudy »

Update:
I found the solution for the problem: I have overseen the settings at the bottom of the dialogbox for importing raw data!
So my contribution to the discussion changes to:
THANK YOU MARTIN HAIRER FOR THIS ELEGANT SOLUTION FOR RESTORING IMPORTANT LOST DATA !!
------------------
After my laptop suddenly stopped during recording with a drained battery (my fault of course) I started Amadeus Pro again and got the message that temp. files had been placed in the trash and could be got back with the 'import raw data' command. After I did that I saw a flash of a normal waveform for a tenth of a second, and after that a screen with only solid black. Only a strong hiss was heard during playback. I did not change any settings after starting Amadeus again.
Please can anyone explain to me what I did wrong, and how I can retrieve my precious recordings?

Rudy (from the Netherlands)

msisonma

Post by msisonma »

Hi, what do you suggest that I should. I recorded something and closed my mac and when I opened it my computer froze so I have to reboot. I found my recording in trash and tried to import the file. I saw the data for 10 seconds and then just dark afterwards. Can you please let me know on how I can import the temp data properly. This recording is quite precious to me and I need to retrieve it. Thanks

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I read your contribution just a minute ago and I wondered if your problem already has been solved.
Rudy
msisonma wrote:Hi, what do you suggest that I should. I recorded something and closed my mac and when I opened it my computer froze so I have to reboot. I found my recording in trash and tried to import the file. I saw the data for 10 seconds and then just dark afterwards. Can you please let me know on how I can import the temp data properly. This recording is quite precious to me and I need to retrieve it. Thanks