CD tracks

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rfwilmut

CD tracks

Post by rfwilmut »

Just purchased v2 and waiting for licence. Looks good, I particularly like the much improved multitrack facilities which now make it a serious multitrack editor.

One comment: the track pause when burning a CD can only be set globally (as far as I can see): I sometimes need some tracks to be contiguous and some to have a delay - and anyway even if I set all tracks to zero pause there still needs to be a 2 second pause before the first track under the Red Book specification.

Sir Cecil

Post by Sir Cecil »

I don't understand this either. I import a CDR into Amadeus that I burned in another program (that told me it was inserting a two-second pause before the first track), but when I burn a fresh CDR from the resulting Amadeus file it is two seconds shorter than the original CDR. The readout from the CD player is also two seconds shorter than the older CDR. So I assume the Red Book two second pause is not being inserted when burning in Amadeus? I'm lost.
And why when I check "Info" does it say there is only one track on the Amadeus file when there are a dozen or more which all burn successfully onto the CDR and are all shown by the CD player?
I'm also still trying to figure out what the vertical gray shading that gives the extremities of some files a rounded appearance signifies.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

CD tracks

Post by Martin Hairer »

And why when I check "Info" does it say there is only one track on the Amadeus file when there are a dozen or more which all burn successfully onto the CDR and are all shown by the CD player?
That's a matter of terminology. Amadeus was not designed with CD burning in mind, but with general sound editing. In this context, the number of "tracks" of a document is the number of different audio streams (each of them mono or stereo) that it contains. So you could have one voice track and one music track and both would be played simultaneously.

A document then can also have markers that are there to mark precise locations in the document. When you burn a CD, these are the ones that are used to delimit the different "tracks" of a CD.

Regarding the two seconds gap, you can set the duration of the gap between CD tracks in the burning dialog. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

rfwilmut

Re: CD tracks

Post by rfwilmut »

Martin Hairer wrote:
Regarding the two seconds gap, you can set the duration of the gap between CD tracks in the burning dialog.
Yes, but you can only set them to be all the same. If you set them all to '0' then does it set the first track to '0', which is against the Red Book spec? - and in any case you can't set some to zero and some to n seconds, which is something I quite often need to do.

Sir Cecil

Re: CD tracks

Post by Sir Cecil »

rfwilmut wrote:
Martin Hairer wrote:
Regarding the two seconds gap, you can set the duration of the gap between CD tracks in the burning dialog.
Yes, but you can only set them to be all the same. If you set them all to '0' then does it set the first track to '0', which is against the Red Book spec? - and in any case you can't set some to zero and some to n seconds, which is something I quite often need to do.

Exactly what I want to know. The same file burned to CDR in any other program is two seconds longer (as shown in the CD player) than an Amadeus burn, suggesting the mandatory Redbook 2-second pause at the start of the burn is not happening.

By the way, I hope my questions don't come across as complaining... I love using this program more and more by the day, but I want to get to understand it as fully as possible, so the more I experiment, the more questions crop up :-)

LanceOllie

Post by LanceOllie »

Yes i also use this tool but can't we get any manual to understand each and every basic and functions of this tool.