Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURE REQUEST - gradual / incremental speed control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greatbear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: FEATURE REQUEST - gradual / incremental speed control Reply with quote

Hi

I'd love Amadeus Pro to offer a feature similar Time Tracks in the latest version of Audacity. This lets you change the playback speed of an audio file over time.

This is particularly useful for some times of audio tape transfers that have a gradual speed change over time such as capstanless or rim drive reel to reel machines. Replaying these on a capstan drive machine creates a recording that starts fast and becomes slower over the length of the reel.

I'm pretty sure this functionality is not even offered in many of the expensive 'pro' audio software packages.
CDJonah_alt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: FEATURE REQUEST - gradual / incremental speed control Reply with quote

Years ago I wrote a little C program to do this -- it wasn't very hard
as it was the first (and last) C program I ever wrote. I used Amadeus to
dump the raw data, manipulated the data using C and then read it back in
as raw data to AP. Don't know what problems one would have in
converting it as I explicitly used the byte order on PPC (which is
reversed from intel)

Chuck

On 11/9/11 5:39 AM, greatbear wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I'd love Amadeus Pro to offer a feature similar Time Tracks in the latest version of Audacity. This lets you change the playback speed of an audio file over time.

This is particularly useful for some times of audio tape transfers that have a gradual speed change over time such as capstanless or rim drive reel to reel machines. Replaying these on a capstan drive machine creates a recording that starts fast and becomes slower over the length of the reel.

I'm pretty sure this functionality is not even offered in many of the expensive 'pro' audio software packages.

------------------------
greatbear analogue& digital media ltd - audio tape transfer (http://www.thegreatbear.net/audio-tape-transfer)

--
Charles D Jonah
Building 200
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-3471 CDJonah@anl.gov

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: