Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to open aiff files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anglo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Unable to open aiff files Reply with quote

I have been making soundfiles of LPs. I just tried to open several files recorded recently on Amadeus 1.5.5, I get the message: This type of compressed aiff file is not supported by your system.

I am using an older Mac: G4 MDD running OSX 10.4.11. I have not changed anything recently about the system. I was happily editing other files two days ago. What could be going on?

Experimentation reveals I can open track-length files, but not a full LP, (around 450 MB). Aaagh! And not files which I have opened before. As I said, I have made no changes to the OS.

Thanks for any help.
Anglo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Amadeus was doing things really slowly last night. Among the things I tried this morning was zapping the PRAM, and that (I think) seemed to do the trick. A system problem rather than an Amadeus problem. And it looks like everything is back to normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: