Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aggregate / Multiple inputs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreGorGy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Aggregate / Multiple inputs Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. I am new so kid gloves, please.

I have used Amadeus on and off for simple things through the years. Mostly, I do quite a few interviews and have been recording them on my analog tape based dictaphone. I digitize via AP.

I have recently been asked to do wider audience interviews. In the past, things were one-on-one so a simple tape dictaphone worked. Now, I gotta upgrade my equipment. The problem of course is that my audiences will be about 20 people in a focus group and I cannot reconvene them if the recording is poor, so I want to use my MBP and AP as a backup of sorts for the recordings. My new sound equipment (with which I am unfamiliar as I have not tested it fully in stress environments) will be my main tool while the Mac will record as well.I am using the on-board input and an iMic and I now have an issue:

Setup 1: Make onboard input the source of AP and the recording is fine, as long as you are close to the mic (screen)
Setup 2: Make iMic (set to Mic, using Omni microphone) the source and again, the recording is fine.
Setup 3: Make an aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup and then recordings in Amadeus are only fine from the onboard input. If I go around the corner, for example, with the omni in my hand and talk to it, AP picks up no sound at all.

Please advise.

(AP 1.5.1 / MBPro 10.6.4)
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Aggregate / Multiple inputs Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
Setup 3: Make an aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup and then recordings in Amadeus are only fine from the onboard input. If I go around the corner, for example, with the omni in my hand and talk to it, AP picks up no sound at all.

The aggregate device will probably use four channels: two for the built-in input and
two for the iMic. So to pick up both simultaneously, you should use the "Record to new
file" function and choose the channel configuration as 2+2 in the "Quality" tab. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

GreGorGy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha - I will try that as soon as I am back at the office. All my sound equipment is there. I knew AP could do what I wanted.

Thanks
GreGorGy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, simply put, WOW!!!!

It works as advised above. The omni Mic picks up sound so well it works better than a hearing aid!

Fantastic!
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Aggregate / Multiple inputs Reply with quote

Glad to hear it works Wink

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Aggregate / Multiple inputs Reply with quote

this is great news (well it may be old news to others). I have just upgraded to the latest Amadeus Pro and it prompted me to have a look at this forum for the first time.

Would you believe I was trying to work out last night how I would record vocals, guitar and double bass with only 1 mac and no overdubbing? Rolling Eyes

Thanks Martin, Amadeus provides this capability and your forum spells out how to do it. A reminder of the great value for money that Amadeus represents. Very Happy

best wishes,

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: