Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono to Stereo Plugin?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Mono to Stereo Plugin? Reply with quote

Is there a plugin for either Amadeus Pro 2.0 or 1.5 that will do the job that mdastereo used to do? I have a transfer that I wish to work on, of an LP from the late 1960s.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Mono to Stereo Plugin? Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a plugin for either Amadeus Pro 2.0 or 1.5 that will do the job that mdastereo used to do? I have a transfer that I wish to work on, of an LP from the late 1960s.

Not sure what mdastereo does, but if you just want to convert a track from mono
to stereo, you can use the "Convert Track to Stereo" function in the "Tracks" menu.
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

aussie149

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Not enough Reply with quote

Hi Martin. Thanks but no, I need a plugin that allows me to do things like create a depth [or more acurately width] of field in sound. So it sounds like a stereo presence, rather than two identical mono tracks laid together.

Kind Regards
Peter
MartinC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a very silly question, but why can't you just use... mdastereo? Just tried it with AP 2 and it works like a charm...

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/stereo_by_mda
Eddie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have MDA Stereo Simulator and it seems to run fine on Amadeus. Is that the one you were referring to?

Other options:
Sonalksis StereoTools
PSP Stereo Enhancer
Waves (S1, some Q-10 presets IIRC)
Airwindows StereoFX
aussie149

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Not yet Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, Eddie. That is th eone. Unfortunately, all of these have either one or both of these drawbacks:

1. They cost - a lot, it seems - and/or
2. They are VST plugins, which don't run on Amadeus 2.0. Also, MDA Stereo Simulator doesn't run on Amadeus 1.5 [it appears to run until you have set it up to go, then it refuses to act.]

Thanks anyway. I do appreciate your help.

Peter
MartinC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me... but "mda Stereo" is free and works like a charm. Just tested it with AP 2 and it does work...

The only obstacle is that the link that i gave above leads to an outdated version "mda 2.0" from 2002...

However, if you just click on "developer mda" on that page, you will come to:
http://mda.smartelectronix.com/

There you will get the "ub" version 2.4 from 2009. Expand it, drag it into Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/, launch AP and select Effects > VST Effects.

Keep in mind that VST effects can't make AP to create a stereo document, so if you have 1-track mono then first select Tracks > Convert to Stereo.

You also (probably) need to run AP in 32 Bit mode under Snow Leopard, see the other threads about it.

PS: And as a matter of fact, I just realized that there's even an AU version of "Stereo" - see the links below.
Eddie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work, but make sure you have the latest version as mentioned above.
I just tried the AU version, along with this freebie.
http://www.fluxhome.com/products/freewares/stereotool
You can play with the width in MDA and you'll see it is working in STTool.

BTW, I think the ones I mentioned are all available as AU. Although not free, from time to time these companies have some excellent deals. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: