AP v2 add new track

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

alansilv

AP v2 add new track

Post by alansilv »

Just getting started with the upgrade from 1.5 to 2 and so far I like almost everything about it. Am noticing one different behavior and want to figure out whether I'm doing something wrong. In AP 1.x dragging file "B" onto the waveform of open file "A" put the contents of "B" onto a new track with the start point at zero, making it very easy to stack a multi-track project. AP 2 seems to insert "B" into "A" at the point of the drag-and-drop. I very much like the idea of being able to drop a file at the desired location on a track, but would also like the option of stacking files into new tracks with one motion. From what I can tell, with AP 2 I need to open file "A," create a new blank track then drag file "B" to the blank track and move it to the zero start point. Is there a way to engage the 1.x behavior when needed?
Thanks.

alansilv

Post by alansilv »

Thanks Martin for explaining what I'd missed: that if I drag the new file to the gray "handle" at the top of the waveform (the darker gray part with the track name, volume slider, etc) the + sign shows up but without the vertical line that indicates the drag would go into the original file at that point. Drag and drop onto the handle and it adds the file as a new track with the start at zero as in the previous versions. One difference seems to be that it adds the new track above instead of below the original waveform …but it does work as needed.