Flac Audio Files - maintaining bit and sample rates

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Amadeus

Flac Audio Files - maintaining bit and sample rates

Post by Amadeus »

Have just become a registered user. I am downloading an increasing number of flac audio tracks some are 16-bit but an increasing number are 24-bit with a sample rate up to 96 kHz. I wish to use AmadeusPro to join a few of the tracks I download together to form a continuous gap-less music audio file. The procedure to join is straightforward what I want to be sure about is the settings I need to change in AmadeusPro to ensure the bit and sample rate remains the same during the joining process.

Am I right in thinking prior to joining I need to:

1. set the sampling rate and sampling depth to match the files to be joined by double clicking on the default rate bottom left of the window to the left of 'Loop playback'
2. after selecting the files to be joined make sure the 'Resulting Quaility' rate matches the files that are to be joined

When it comes to saving the joined audio file:

1. if I save as Flac and select the recommended compression rate will this ensure the bit and sample rate remains as per the files I downloaded
2. if I save as m4a and select Apple Lossless as the compression rate does this ensure the bit and sample rate remain as per the files I downloaded

Thanks for your assistance!