Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

saving multi track files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
betsyrhodes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: saving multi track files Reply with quote

I used to be able to save multitrack files (without rendering them into a single stereo file) in mp3 format. I am now only able to do this with when I save an aiff file.
I have been using this multitrack function in conjunction with Qlab for playback of sound FX in theatrical shows. It is great for gunshots, wind, and rain files - i can save a single file with multiple sounds on separate tracks, that i can then mix when i get into the theater. My problem is that many times the multitrack files are long loops of rain or wind, and if I save them as aiff files they quickly become too large. Last year I was able to save these files in mp3 formats using amadeus pro. This no longer seems to be possible.
Is there a reason this function isn't available anymore? Can this feature be accessed in some other way?
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: saving multi track files Reply with quote

Quote:
I used to be able to save multitrack files (without rendering them into a single stereo file) in mp3 format.

I am surprised, since to the best of my knowledge the Mp3 format does not support
multiple tracks. Amadeus Pro definitely never made any attempt to create something
akin to a "multitrack Mp3" file. You must have something else in mind, but I have no
idea what.... Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: