Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Amadeus to measure hardware specs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dyneq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Using Amadeus to measure hardware specs Reply with quote

Howdy All,

I'd like to see if anyone knows how to measure a device's specifications with Amadeus. Specifically, I'd like to measure a PCM recorder's frequency response on its microphone input.

Is there a way to create a tone in Amadeus and then record it on my recorder, then compare the recorded wav to the original and obtain this kind of specification?

Thanks,

John
IrlSmith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Usc a CD to transfer a generated tone... Reply with quote

When I was trying to optimize cabling from my stereo to my Mac (turns out the cable capacitance is significant), I used the Generate functions to make a selection of sine waves. I then transferred them to CD and played them from the stereo, recording (via the cables in question in Amadeus). I then did a spectrum analysis of the result (although if it's just a few frequencies, simply looking at the amplitude of each wave in turn would work).
It seems to me that the problem is how to get an accurate original onto your recorder. How can you know that whatever you put there is in fact true? You'd need, say, speakers of known accuracy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: