keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

1)

Doing a lot of spoken text at the moment, I have to handle the annoying sound of breaths.

Now I let Amadeus play through, stop (spacebar), select the "blob", reduce/silence it etc...

But too often, especially in great zoom, part of this blob hangs just at the beginning or end of the window.

At this point I'm missing a manual / easy / keyboard way to move the waveform forwards/backwards, in order to get the blob inside my view window, in the right zoom.
I know also of the "page-up/down" possibility, very handy but not in my case; maybe implementing a "half-page" move would fit better?

(I'm using a wacom pen/tablet (with kind of "mouse"-wheel too). This wheel now does the zooming. Is there a command for just moving right/left? )

2)

Didn't totally manage the command "merge with track" (under "sound" menu) yet; it can't get set under a keyboard shortcut, maybe because it changes (merge with next/previous track).
Today, with only 2 tracks it works, but don't have time to experiment at this moment...
Any advice to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???

3)
an undo-list, for quick navigation to previous versions/states?

Thanks for any input

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

(I'm using a wacom pen/tablet (with kind of "mouse"-wheel too). This wheel now does the zooming. Is there a command for just moving right/left? )
Scrolling right / left with a mouse scrollwheel works (or using two finger
with a trackpad), so you should be able to program your tablet to do that.
Any way to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???
Possibly. Have you tried? Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ioannis

Re: keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for

Post by ioannis »

Martin Hairer wrote:Scrolling right / left with a mouse scrollwheel works (or using two finger with a trackpad), so you should be able to program your tablet to do that.
Yes, it worked, through the tablet preferences (under system prefs). Thanks!
Any way to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???
Martin Hairer wrote:Possibly. Have you tried?
Well, yes
I've programmed ctr-m (merge), ctr-shf-m (previous), ctr-opt-m (next) but...

Amadeus seems to have a preference for "Merge With Next Track" everywhere, except when the last track is selected

In case of only 2 tracks it doesn't work (ctr-m); instead it creates a mark... (without any programming). Marks are created any time the command is not relevant, (trying to merge a previous track when only a next one exists) disregarding if any help-keys are programmed or not... Only the letter-m does it...

Then I tried to program the same, using another letter, instead of [m]; the result teaches that Amadeus likes to choose *one* command of the three. Which one depends on what is selected [merge with next / or merge with previous if you've selected the last track]. It seems that "merge with track" doesn't really live...

But even so, the shortcuts worked (mostly/only?) when I *looked* which text was there on the "Sound" menu, otherwise the last used did it when relevant... Strange behavior! :-DD

Now at least I know what works, but it could come handy if all three commands where working OK.
[/b]

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

But even so, the shortcuts worked (mostly/only?) when I *looked* which text was there on the "Sound" menu, otherwise the last used did it when relevant... Strange behavior! :-DD
Yes, that actually makes sense, given that the menu decides what to display only
when you actually open it. I might add a shortcut for that in the future... Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/