Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mix and apply a fade out / fade in on the original track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Mix and apply a fade out / fade in on the original track Reply with quote

Hello people,

First of all, a huge congratulations to Amadeus Pro. I love it!
I am a freshly "Migrated to Mac" user and I am trying to find my ways around it.
Anyways:
I would like to mix my voice on top of an existing recording. Paste over does it, but I need to fade out / fade in the original recording where I am applying the mixing on.
The settings I am looking for are:
Fade out & fade in, for how long for each individually, and the volume to fade to.
If I choose one second, the original track should fade out to the volume I specify 1 second before my mix kicks in and fade in up to the original volume level for 1 second after my mix is over.
Is this anything feasible with Amadeus? I used that functionality with Sony Sound Forge on Windows.

All the best,
Emrah
P.s.: I am a blind user and I would really appreciate if you could name the functions with keyboard shortcuts or similar instructions rather than locating them on a visual basis. Smile
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Mix and apply a fade out / fade in on the original track Reply with quote

Hi Emrah

The Amplify command in the Effects menu should do the trick. It has a Fade checkbox where you can specify the length of the fade. So attenuation level and fade time are controllable from 1 dialog.

Using seperate tracks for voice and music would be more flexible. But I am afraid also more visual.

There are more blind Amadeus users on this list, so they might have specific tips for you.

Gerard

Quote:
Hello people,

First of all, a huge congratulations to Amadeus Pro. I love it!
I am a freshly "Migrated to Mac" user and I am trying to find my ways around it.
Anyways:
I would like to mix my voice on top of an existing recording. Paste over does it, but I need to fade out / fade in the original recording where I am applying the mixing on.
The settings I am looking for are:
Fade out & fade in, for how long for each individually, and the volume to fade to.
If I choose one second, the original track should fade out to the volume I specify 1 second before my mix kicks in and fade in up to the original volume level for 1 second after my mix is over.
Is this anything feasible with Amadeus? I used that functionality with Sony Sound Forge on Windows.

All the best,
Emrah
P.s.: I am a blind user and I would really appreciate if you could name the functions with keyboard shortcuts or similar instructions rather than locating them on a visual basis. Smile

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

IEDP gecertificeerd
Emrah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

First of, thank you for your response.
Your solution worked perfectly!
It's actually even more flexible than Sound Forge... I love it!

All the best,
Emrah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: