Can't record from Saffire Pro interface

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

bobeitch

Post by bobeitch »

Why would Amadeus Pro fail to receive a signal that is visible in the Sound preferences pane?
Details:
I am using Amadeus Pro 1.5 under Mac OS 10.6.3. For some reason I am unable to record output from Saffire Pro digital interface "FocusritePro1010" into Amadeus Pro.

I believe that the device and its controlling software are operating correctly, since the output to my monitor speakers is correct.

Also I believe that the output from the Saffire Pro device is reaching my Mac. In System Preferences, Sound preferences, the Input pane shows the device selected as input, and the Input level section shows activity that corresponds with what is being sent to the monitor speakers.

Running Amadeus Pro, I select from the Sound menu "Record to New File". In the Sound Recorder floating window, in the Input Source pane I select "Pro 1010" as the input.
However, the Record pane shows no input (although the Sound preference pane does show it). Recording a sample confirms that there is no input.

Any idea what might be wrong?
Stuart

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

However, the Record pane shows no input (although the Sound preference pane does show it). Recording a sample confirms that there is no input.

Any idea what might be wrong?
Is it possible that the device has several channels and Amadeus is recording from the wrong channel? You can select the channels by using the "Advanced Settings" button in the "Input" pane of the recording window. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

bobeitch

Problem solved

Post by bobeitch »

You were right: channel problem. Thank you!
Stuart