Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjakob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Feature requests Reply with quote

I've found Amadeus Pro to be one of the easiest audio editors to use, but have a few suggestions that I feel would make it even easier:

1) Commands to move insertion point to previous/next marker, with associated keyboard shortcuts (perhaps shift + command + left/right arrow).

2) When using the "Mark Selection" command, the new markers appear to be labelled the same as the last marker in the list. I'd much prefer that they just say something like "Start" and "End" since I'm usually marking a section for editing, and the label is rarely the same as the last marker.

3) Ability for user to pre-define markers (name and colour) that could be selected from a picklist in the marker details window or by right-clicking in the marker area above the waveform window. I often find myself adding markers with similar labels/colours (eg. Clunk, Lip smack, Long pause, etc) when editing. It would be much quicker to have them pre-defined and selectable.

Thanks for a great product.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Feature requests Reply with quote

AmadeusPro might be better than you already know.

Quote:
I've found Amadeus Pro to be one of the easiest audio editors to use, but have a few suggestions that I feel would make it even easier:

1) Commands to move insertion point to previous/next marker, with associated keyboard shortcuts (perhaps shift + command + left/right arrow).

Try option arrow

Quote:
2) When using the "Mark Selection" command, the new markers appear to be labelled the same as the last marker in the list. I'd much prefer that they just say something like "Start" and "End" since I'm usually marking a section for editing, and the label is rarely the same as the last marker.

Clicking inside the white Marker bar brings up the Marker dialog, ready to edit.
Hitting M places a marker with incremental numbering

Quote:
3) Ability for user to pre-define markers (name and colour) that could be selected from a picklist in the marker details window or by right-clicking in the marker area above the waveform window. I often find myself adding markers with similar labels/colours (eg. Clunk, Lip smack, Long pause, etc) when editing. It would be much quicker to have them pre-defined and selectable.

This might be a convenient extra.

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Feature requests Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Try option arrow

Actually, that would be command-arrow.

Quote:

That sounds like a nice idea, thanks Wink Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

sjakob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Feature requests Reply with quote

Martin Hairer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Try option arrow

Actually, that would be command-arrow.

Actually, it is option-arrow (aka alt-arrow). Command-arrow extends the selection. Unfortunately I already had the option arrow keys defined for use with Spaces. Also, I didn't realize these commands were available since they don't have corresponding menu entries.
sjakob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Feature requests Reply with quote

GerardBik wrote:

Quote:

Clicking inside the white Marker bar brings up the Marker dialog, ready to edit.

Clicking in the marker bar removes the selection and moves the insertion point. How does that help me mark a selection?
Quote:

When there is a selection defined the M key appears to work the same as the Mark Selection command. If the previous marker has a text name, the new markers have the same name.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Feature requests Reply with quote

Quote:
GerardBik wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Clicking in the marker bar removes the selection and moves the insertion point. How does that help me mark a selection?

Quote:

When there is a selection defined the M key appears to work the same as the Mark Selection command. If the previous marker has a text name, the new markers have the same name.

You are right about the selection being removed, I work the other way round: first placing markers and selecting between them afterwards.
GB

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: