Marker position shifts after making editing cuts

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

oyansa

Post by oyansa »

I'm doing long readings for librivox.org; and when i make a mistake, i mark in the re-do and and continue reading.
when i've completed the reading (approx 1 hour) i go back and edit out the error just before the marked in re-do.
here's my problem/question: if a mark is attributed to a time code, and i shorten the length of the recording by making cuts, are the marks shifting position? this seems to be the case. and is there a work around?
thanks.

Sonic Purity

Re: Markers in sound tracks

Post by Sonic Purity »

The9th wrote: So I re-clean the affected LP, in the affected part. I don't want to record the whole thing over again, just the part that was a mess. I know, it's only 20 minutes or so, but the minutes add up==especially when it's taking an hour or more to remove the clicks and pops.
(This is the only part where my contribution might help.)
Apologies if you already know this… what are you using to remove the clicks and pops? I can get an LP side done in a few minutes with ClickRepair. CR has been discussed in this forum in the past (that’s where i learned of it)… if you don’t already know about it, check it out. It used to take me whole days in Amadeus II to do what CR now does in a few minutes (or, if i am listening to the repairs as i usually do, maybe an hour).

I still make good use of the Amadeus Repair Centre for occasional items CR misses or does not wholly remove, yet using CR for the bulk of click and pop removal saves me literally days of my life.
))Sonic((

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

(I also want to play both tracks so I can make sure I've got them matched, but I haven't figured out how to do that. And I've read the manual several times--if it's in there, then I'm just not getting it from reading
To play all tracks at once, use the playback controller or space bar (instead of double clicking the track). Is that what you mean?

If the gap does not match the insert, you might consider to use three tracks: First part - Insert - Last part. That way ou are free to move them about and flatten when they match up.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

mrobot

Post by mrobot »

While we're on the subject of markers, I'll throw in the issue I'm having. I'm not sure if it's the same issue as oyansa.

I am trying to overlay two tracks. I have markers marking places in the first track. When I paste a 30-second clip onto the SECOND track, the markers all move forward 30 seconds. This would make sense if I was pasting onto the first track, but since it's overlapping the first track rather than shifting it forward, I don't see why the markers should shift!